Honeymoon Hog Hunt - 8 Hogs Down

Double Naught Spy

I got invited to go along and thermal video a hunt for a couple of my buddy Dave's friends. They were finally getting around to their honeymoon after 10 years of marriage ... and they decided they wanted to try hog hunting. Cool!

For the first 7 hours of the night, all I did was follow Penny, Matt, and Dave around as we went on numerous stalks. Long about 3:00 am, we got into a large group of hogs and Dave took over doing video and I became a third shooter.

I have tried counting hogs in the video multiple times and can never see them all at once, but I figure there were in excess of 40 piglets and a dozen adults. It was craziness and a bunch of the hogs ran in a direction not safe for shooting. However, Penny got her first hog kill and to hear her excitement in the video is nothing short of pure joy.

[ame]https://youtu.be/MdUIUdugukQ[/ame]

Well Done! Certainly beats flowers and a box of chocolates for a honeymoon!

That's a cool honey moon. I love the video of the pig slidin to a stop with the blood trail visible.

Yeah, that was pretty dynamic to watch. At the time, I was shooting in a complete other direction and had no clue what was going on behind me. You can't tell how we are lined up in the video, but that hog would have been coming by very close to me had Matt not shot it. He did well.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.