Home Gutter Protection

Jill and I said the this was our last home. BUT with the EV Battery Plant being built in our little town this will change dramatically.
Going to look for a new place away from PROGRESS!
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the only way to do that is to live in a less desirable place. Mosquitos, cold weather, riff raff, etc. The real eatate scouts are out, busy, and they've already bought up the nice places outside of the cesspool cities they can flip to developers and make a fortune. I know I'm gonna catch some flak from them because there's surely plenty of them here, but I don't care- Real estate developers and their greed are the worst. They are what has killed the economy before, and they will do it again with no reservations.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the only way to do that is to live in a less desirable place. Mosquitos, cold weather, riff raff, etc. The real eatate scouts are out, busy, and they've already bought up the nice places outside of the cesspool cities they can flip to developers and make a fortune. I know I'm gonna catch some flak from them because there's surely plenty of them here, but I don't care- Real estate developers and their greed are the worst. They are what has killed the economy before, and they will do it again with no reservations.
Well we live in the country. If you mention Social Circle to anyone closer to Atlanta they say "O you live with the Red Necks".
This EV Plant is going to kill this small country feeling Town.
There was a water Revivor built behind our Property. Took 15 years to start construction. The City/County officials made $$$$$$ for the zoning. First they bought out the land and if you didn't want to sell the land was condemned. this was for Land and also houses. After the reservoir was built and flooded - the condemned homes were now open for occupancy and all the surrounding land was bought by developers (city/county council people).
When Ravian EV starts bringing in their executives and management home like our will be at a high premium. There may be land to build houses on and the building materials are through the roof now. There are very few custom built houses like ours for many miles especially with our land.
They will have to build many subdivision and Townhouses/Apartments to house the first 7,500 workers and then expanding up to 12,500 workers.
I would imagine Ravian having an in House Realtor department purchasing ready to live in existing homes for the Executives and Management to move in fast to get them working and wanting to live here.
We will just have to move to the North GA mountains or East towards SC. where land and existing housing has not skyrocketed.
Actually Jill and I talked about moving out Mid US like Kentucky or West like CO, TX, Montana.
It is true that I am getting older and disabled. Making a move would be extremely HARD and especially packing up the GS business and restarting.
If something like this is going to happen it will be soon. Jill and I would like smaller living conditions. We have (2,700sqft main lever and 2,500 finish basement for the GS Shop.
Would like a smaller Log Cabin with a pond fencing for animals, a small Barn and a new 70' by 100' insulated Metal building with electrical and heat & air for the Gun Shop. on one side and Machine workshop storage the other. has to have 100+ Areas for LR shooting ranges. Most important no neighbors that can be seen or heard from the property.
A wish and a MUST if we move. It is tough moving when you get older and up in age.
I had 250 acres in Grayson, GA that I wanted to buy 25 years ago. Now that same area is all subdivisions. If I did buy the land and kept it for a few years i could have made a killing off of selling subdivision lots.
No just want to get away from everyone and maybe have a Walmart and ACE or HD 20 miles away..

Ya could just, have United Rentals, drop ya off a JLG man lift, way easier and safer, on the gutter install. Those Rivian guys have lost 89.99% of their stock price since November 2021, not sure how much, that's gonna effect what they end up building.Be careful up there, good luck!

Last edited:
Ya could just, have United Rentals, drop ya off a JLG man lift, way easier and safer, on the gutter install. Those Rivian guys has lost 89.99% of their stock price since November 2021, not sure how much, that's gonna effect what they end up building.Be careful up there, good luck!

The land has been purchased from the Counties, and started being cleared with the road expansion has been started. i spoke with the Mayor of Social Circle and it is going full bore.
For me to rent a lift and hire s few friends would cost me several thousand $$$$ a two day rental with delivery & pickup from SunBelt. $1,100 per dayshipped and Tax, if you need two days close to $2K. then you have to buy the materials $650+ and no labor. We also have a large slope in the back of the property. Need at least one or two helpers to pull and replace the gutters.
So doing it myself with a powerlift would be over $3k and no warranty
A few years ago when I was the real Len could have done it my self for a few hundred $$$ and a ladder.
Right now we are looking a doing some cosmetic repairs and selling for top dollar and moving. It will only get worse around here with 7,500 people to start and then up to 12,500+. Subdivision, Condos, Apartments and then traffic, CRIME.
We are out of this once great place as soon as we sell for a good price.
We have no infostructure no Sewer, water, electrical, no housing, no roads no schools/teachers, no stores, DRY County, more CRIME.
Can't see us living here anymore. Maybe have to move out west to a real RED State with good gun laws.

You might want to look to north west Alabama. Close to Tennessee border. About as rural as you can get. Have friend in hunting club there for the ducks that have to drive over into Mississippi to find a Wal-Mart. If its way out west you're getting into the states that have refugees from California and the land prices are outrageous.

You might want to look to north west Alabama. Close to Tennessee border. About as rural as you can get. Have friend in hunting club there for the ducks that have to drive over into Mississippi to find a Wal-Mart.
I lived in Elijay, GA (NW GA) in a Log Cabin on the side of a hill overlooking and backing up to Carters Lake and the Blue Ridge Mountains. It was absolutely beautiful. Only problem only had two acres and far from everything. When people asked where I lived I would say 100 miles from nowhere.

Ya could just, have United Rentals, drop ya off a JLG man lift, way easier and safer, on the gutter install. Those Rivian guys have lost 89.99% of their stock price since November 2021, not sure how much, that's gonna effect what they end up building.Be careful up there, good luck!
And do any tree trimming while in the air

Last summer I did a patio cover for a client...16'x28'...28' microlams for outside beam...3 6x6 post to not block view of huge backyard...
2 other companies bids....
1....$20,000..no drawings..only work weekends...
2....$15,000..no drawings..get it done on next couple months..no building info without signed contract...

It took me 54 hours..ground up...
All framing...sheeting..roofing...
Drawn plans okay'd be owner...
$8700....about $5000 in materials...

Yes..lots of ripoff artist out there...and lots of just thieves....but if you get people with big bank accounts they usually go for the guy driving the fancy trucks to do the work....
But with inflation....if you want it done..better be able to afford it...

I waited for my contract from Leaf Filter since they are installing tomorrow.
I contacted the sales person again and told him that he missed another spot on the soffit that need to be repaired. Well I got a hand written contract back on a form letter and didn't have the additional repairs included. I called the customer service number and spoke with a very nice lady about my concerns. She understood the issues and I canceled the install for tomorrow.
Now back to having Leaf Filter contact me back to fix my concerns or I have to clean the gutters and do something else.
Thanks for everyone's input.
Len & Jill