Holy **** - I shot my new baby for the first time today.

mbigley

I went to the range today for the first time with my dream rig. It is a PGW Timberwolf in 338 Lapua with a Schmidt & Bender 4-16x50 PMII on it.

The first round was on the paper at 100 using the "bore sighting method of centering object through bore and dialing scope to it recommended last week by a few on this list. - Thank you. The next 3 shots were under an inch using a poor shooting position in a variable wind at 30 degrees. ie. not optimum shooting conditions. I had no idea what to expect when I dropped the trigger the first time. Almost no recoil. This is an amazing weapon. I'm still smiling. My girlfriend said I looked like a little kid at Christmas and I sure felt like it. All I can say is Holy ****. That and thank you to the list where I have learned a ton and have a ton more to learn and to Ross at PGW. You are truly a craftsman.

They look like awesome rifles. I'm waiting on a PGW rifle myself. Based on an M18Ti action. Happy to hear of good results!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.