HOLLY QUAP!!!! On line Primer scams EVERYWHERE!!!!

DartonJager

JFTHOI I did a search for large rifle primers. Up popped no less than 8 scam sights selling primers.
I IMMEDIATELY suspected them as they had primers in stock at OK prices and no limit, so I did a scam search and all turned up as being on scam lists.

Be careful out there.

Like to add after a count was more like over a dozen.

Last edited:
I am a factory sponsored Steel Challenge shooter and have to maintain a social media presence. You would be amazed at the followers I get and messages that come through multiple times a day asking if I want to buy components. The scammers are so thick it is just crazy.

I am a factory sponsored Steel Challenge shooter and have to maintain a social media presence. You would be amazed at the followers I get and messages that come through multiple times a day asking if I want to buy components. The scammers are so thick it is just crazy.
I had heard about scammers popping up as reported at sights like this and others but I haven't looked to buy any primers or powder on line for well over a year. Really don't need any.
Was astonished at just how many there are now of them. Will only buy from sites I have a history with that's for sure.
Then I heard some primers and powder becoming available and decided to give a look,
I could use some non-mag LRG/RFL primers and some IMR 4064, 4831 and 3031, not low on any by any stretch, but not enough for forever either and could really use some H4198 for my Savage 10ML-II. Did find some powder in stock but Unfortunately none I use or need and no non-mag LRG/RFL primers.

It's not just primers. Guns and loaded ammo to. Everything is in stock at relatively low prices.

There's one that purports to be up here, which would be a pretty bad place to sell primers and powder online considering you can't ship it anywhere from here. Also when I drove by that location it's a closed up small retail space.

Will only buy from sites I have a history with that's for sure.
There are about a dozen or so websites I used before all of this current mess started, and I haven't branched out any in the last two years. I'm sure that sucks for some legitimate places, but unless they come out to a shoot locally or have someone vouch for them in-person, it's just not worth the risk right now.

If you're a local business or a legitimate site, in this age of easy communication and social media it's not hard to contact shooters locally to prove you're legitimate. Come out to a match, give someone a free t-shirt to wear and post about it, etc. "Sponsoring" doesn't have to mean taking less than your cost on anything. Heck, at this point someone could sponsor me just by giving me first dibs on what they get in the door 🤣 I'd get a tattoo of their logo if there was a keg of H4350 in it for me. Maybe a 500-pack of Bergers.