Holland "ART"

bugle-em

Thinking of droping a QUARTER on a Darrell Holland ART scope and shooting system. A coin toss on Nightforce or Schmidt and Bender, 3-12x42 or 3-15x50 in FFP. It will be on a 6.5-284 for deer/antelope hunting. is it worth the money????gun)

I just ordered a 5-25x56 schmidt & bender with his new 30 moa reticle..for my 338 lapua being built by g-a precision. the complaint from most gies on this site was that moa/mill were on the same reticle..my scope i just ordered is 30 moa,,, no mill.
Is it pricey,,,depends. if you want the best glass in a scope ,darrels technology, and all that you get with,,to me yes..will it work on your rifle, i say yes. if you have the money go for it..
For my eyes anyway i own or have owned most scopes today.,and in scope glass quality no one even comes close to S & b.

If leupold system is what you want ,,,go for it. if your not sure give darrell a call. After you speak with him make a decision,,..I called him several times ,,read everything i could on this site and other places. with his system all you need is a hand held weather meter,and the card you print out.
if dialing is you game and other techno. gagets work , thats the way to go.
If the system doesnt work i have no doubt darrell will make it right or show me where iam screwing up.

I have the TMR reticle-good reticle.
I also have the ART reticle. Older style and the new all MOA version as well.
The big difference between the TMR, NF's Mil or MOA reticles is that none of them lists the actual MOA internally.
If you are dialing with these reticles, it is no big deal.
But, if you are using the reticle to hunt with and shooting distance with it is faster (than dialing) and less confusing using the ART than using a reticle that is just lines or dots.
It is my hands down favorite reticle.
For the money, if I was buying a FFP from Holland's I would go with either the 6.5-20 Mark 4 Leupold or 4-16 S&B.

The 4-16 S&B w/ART is a lot more scope for just a little more money than the 3.5-15 FFP NF with ART in my opinion.

extreme,
I used a scope like what you ordered for a full year, and it was a joy to us-Awesome glass.

Ernie.
thanks for the feed back on darrells system.its always good to here from someone who actually uses it.experience counts.

later in the year i will contact you on your s e b -coaxial front rest.
thanks again on the info.
pete

Pete,
You are welcome.
I have been using the ART reticle for about four years now.
The NEW all MOA reticle is really nice.
You can be extremely critical when using it for reticle ranging.
If you are interested in a SEB or NEO rest the wait time once you get on one or both of the waiting lists is 6-9 months. Around 9 months for the NEO.
There is no cost to get on the waiting lists, and you are not bound to purchase one once your name comes up for one. It is simply getting in line for those who are interested in one. If you refuse the rest, I go to the person's name that is below yours.
If you have questions about ART or the SEB Rests you can call me at 307-257-7431 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 307-257-7431 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Ernie.
thanks for the feed back on Darrell's system.its always good to here from someone who actually uses it.experience counts.

later in the year i will contact you on your s e b -coaxial front rest.
thanks again on the info.
pete

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.