Hold over success

the blur

330 yard Caribou bedded down. I have a sub tension line at 300, and another line at 350. Ranged him at 330 yards, and he was staring at us. I didn't want to spook him. So I got down into prone position.
Wind was blowing hard. Put him between the 2 hash lines, and zipped one just over his back.
Ok, round 2. Wind still blowing hard. Put him between the 2 hash lines again, and aimed at his head, figuring the wind would put me in the vitals.
Didn't quite make the vitals, but went in through his neck, and hit the off side shoulder. Totally paralyzed, alive & kicking, but couldn't stand up.

Had to walk over for a finishing shot.
My 1st 300+ yard kill, and my 1st Caribou.

I can hold over out to 600 yards. I know for sure it's the bottom sub-tension line. It was a lot of range time with a long range professional.

Well done. My dad is in the same boat. So I either set him up for max point blank and he can hold on top of back for most calibers at 300 and hit. Or his latest I did a Burris eliminator scope so he ranges then it does the math.
My dads never been long range but boy I'll tell you if you can get someone on target longer ranges for the first time on game it's like seeing a new hunter take game first time.
He builds so much confidence in himself now it Awsome.
Congratulations again on the bag and well done for taking time and doing it right. Not just saying oh I can do it cause I've seen someone do it.