Hogs in Oregon

I keep hearing about hogs in Oregon, but I can't seem to find any info. on where to hunt them. If anyone out there knows where a guy could go to hunt one that would be great. Public land would be the cats meow. Thanks, Rupe

Oregon Fish and Game is extremely aggressive about controlling feral hogs. I looked some time ago and just checked again and the only hog location I could find in the last couple of years was Northwest of Vale. Hogs seem to pop up there from time to time, but Oregon Fish and Game conducts aerial surveys and the last one I could find they found no hogs in the area.

Time to go to Texas I guess.

a guy told me last year there were hogs over around nyssa.wether its true or not i dont know.

shaniko, antelope, madras. make sure you're actually speaking with the property owner not some local yokel who wants a trespass fee on somebody else's land... Stick close to the crops and try to get permission to spotlight at night on the full moon.

they are there.

a friend of mines boy hunts hogs around madras and towards bend,i guess they be getting to be a problem there.

i;ll ask tim to find out the particulars,im interested to maybe we can get something going .

A year or so ago I posted everywhere I could think of asking about hog hunting in Oregon. I even contacted guides asking if they had any hog hunting, or knew about anyone who had leads on hog hunting. Even thought I was offering to pay for hog hunting, I still came up empty. I finally gave up after following every lead I was given, even the fish and game people didn't have any other suggestions.

I figure I'll wait until people really are having livestock, crop, and other property damage from the hogs when populations get out of control. Maybe then some opportunities will be presented.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.