Hoggin Rifle Range Report-Thanks Guys!!

HOGGHEAD

I finally made a trip to the range with my new 22-250 with a 1in8 Krieger barrel. I spent a good bit of time deciding how to build this rifle, and what load to go with. A lot of the information I acquired on this site--so thanks to the guys that helped.

I went with the 75 grain A-Max and H-414. My first loads were with new brass that I FL sized, so now I have about 40 pieces of fire formed brass to work with. I loaded 36.5, 37.0, and 37.5 grains of H-414 with the bullet into the lands(I need to back out a couple of thousanths). All 3 loads shot well, but 37.5 shot the best.

The target below shows my best 100 yard 5 shot group. However most of the groups were pretty similar to the one in the picture, except they have an occasional flier(probably my fault).

I am very happy with my initial results. And I am looking forward to getting back to the range for some longer distance shooting. However I have a real good feeling about this rifle.

You guys really helped me out with my decisions on this rifle, so thanks again. Tom.

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

Nothing special. Just a tricked up 700 Remington action, with a 1in8 28 inch Krieger barrel, and a Manners stock. A fellow by the name of RHYS in Wyoming did the work. I ran into him on the Varmint Hunters web site. He was a good fellow to deal with. He did what he said he was going to do. And that is something in this day and age. Tom.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.