Hog Taxidermy Price?

That's high. Order some of those beetles for $10 and leave it in a 5gal bucket for a month or 2. Or hang it from a tree for a year.

My prices around here are $50 for a euro Mount and $250-500 for a shoulder Mount depending on the options
Buddy keeps beetles all year and does all his deer and hogs. Costs nothing but is careful about timing.

If you ever get down to south Mississippi try johns taxidermy. Has a good reputation And does critters from all over the world. This one was 400lbs. Charged me 500$
96F2A516-5D92-4A75-9066-24A42E266060.jpeg

The best way to display the tusks - especially that extra one he's got - is with a euro mount. No lips to hide the ivory. If you do the shoulder mount, bear in mind that it will be hanging on a wall that probably has a couple of very handsome Illinois whitetails. The most handsome hog in on the planet can't stand up to competition like that. Is that going to work for you for the next twenty years ? Another thing I've found is that a skull with tusks sticking out of it is something that guys like to pick up and look over closely. When the lads drop in for poker night, the bleached skull of this bruiser will be a very cool conversation piece.

Do a Euro mount yourself - their are great tube videos. My son anew do our deer, hogs, squirrels, raccoons, bobcats etc. An electric pressure cleaner, propane deep fryer big enough for the skinned skull boil it for two hours and then start spraying. Boil one more time with little bleach. Coat with wax. Bingo.

Shot me a nice boar. There's a post about it, lol. Anywho, I took it to a very well known taxidermist.

Shoulder mount:
$1195 for hide
$595 for open mouth
$250 for Euro skull mount

Having a tough time swallowing these prices. What you all think?
Put the skull in any ANTHILL for a couple of weeks....save the money

My buddy does that with deer heads. He buries them in the ground and puts a wash tub over them, with a couple of ducrete blocks to weigh it down. ( He has had stray dogs did them up and haul them away, so he takes this measure to keep from losing them.) In the acidic soil of western PA, by the time spring rolls around and the snow melts off, the skulls are bare bones, but discolored. Hair bleach is the cure for that. His total cost is whatever the beauty supply store is asking for the bleach. One small box does a couple of heads.

My buddy does that with deer heads. He buries them in the ground and puts a wash tub over them, with a couple of ducrete blocks to weigh it down. ( He has had stray dogs did them up and haul them away, so he takes this measure to keep from losing them.) In the acidic soil of western PA, by the time spring rolls around and the snow melts off, the skulls are bare bones, but discolored. Hair bleach is the cure for that. His total cost is whatever the beauty supply store is asking for the bleach. One small box does a couple of heads.
Yup! Same way here!

The best way to display the tusks - especially that extra one he's got - is with a euro mount. No lips to hide the ivory. If you do the shoulder mount, bear in mind that it will be hanging on a wall that probably has a couple of very handsome Illinois whitetails. The most handsome hog in on the planet can't stand up to competition like that. Is that going to work for you for the next twenty years ? Another thing I've found is that a skull with tusks sticking out of it is something that guys like to pick up and look over closely. When the lads drop in for poker night, the bleached skull of this bruiser will be a very cool conversation piece.
This man get the award for the most logical statement of the day!

Great minds think alike. We always have ants to work on our bones. In hot weather, you might be surprised what flies and maggots can do to everything but the hair. No skin, no nothing but the skull in about a week.

Recent Posts