Hog hunting

8404Vet

Went out hog hunting today. I can't say that we were lrh today because we were about 100 yards from where some hogs have been demolishing the ground around the pecos river. I didn't see any hogs but we watched 5 mule deer including one buck just hang out and eat about 60 yards in front of us.
I always say, you can't kill um if you're not out there.

As for the buck, he was a young 6 point and didn't have much mass. I always enjoy seeing how close you can get and stay watching animals without spooking them. We (my brother and I) watched them for about two hours without them ever knowing we were there.

Maybe next time I can tell a story of a dead hog.

8404Veteran

NM -have open season on hogs ?

I to enjoy watching all forms of wildlife it teachs me how to be calm and when i can and cannot move.

It just goes to show that it isn't always about the kill. I hunted most of last season with the grandson, hoping that we might have a big hog come out for him to shoot. Mostly I shot video of deer, while he and I sat there watching them. I can't say for sure that he would not have had more fun had we shot one, but he got to see some really impressive young bucks, and learned about the movement thing first hand. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8404vet

There is one of those new fangled contraptions that the kids all know how to work. You might want to try one sometime. It is called a digital camera. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sometimes it is more fun taking a picture of stuff than shooting it because you don't have to drag it back to the truck and take it home and cut it up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.