Hog durability question

Northkill

LRH Team Member
I'm not a salesman, but would suggest trying a lighter, faster Hammer. Though with your claim of "2 inches at 850 yds", it'll be difficult to match that with another projo I'm guessing. 🤔

Double Naught Spy

Mmm, that's not a kill shot.
Yes they are tough but hit hard they go down.
Heart, lungs and Brain shots kill stuff.

LOL, not a kill shot. Thank you Captain Obvious. I believe that was apparent from the description. However, you will find folks that will claim up and down that at "behind the ear" shots kill hogs. I mentioned the examples because there is very little behind the ear other than muscle tissue and they most certainly don't always kill hogs.

I would also point out that where the bullet impacts is not always the shot that was taken. On the hog with the gaping hole, the shot was intended as a quartered away head brain shot and the hog turned it head just enough that the bullet bypassed the skull through the neck. Kill shot was taken, impact was not an immediate kill impact and the hog might have otherwise survived like with the example hog I posted above.

However, to correct upon your overly simplied "Heart, lungs, and Brain shots kill stuff." commentary, so do high CNS shots such as through the cervical spinal cord. Some bow hunters are happy with liver shots in some circumstance which also do a nice job of killing stuff, just with more tracking.