Hog bait that squirrels (and deer, doves, etc.) don't like

Take a 2/3 bucket of corn, 1/2 a gallon of milk a jar of mayo fill it up with water put the lid on it leave it in the sun for a month, then dig a hole with post hole diggers approximately 18 inches to 24 inches deep fill it with that corn. It's called stink in a hole, they will smell it for miles or if you want to just put corn on the ground spray diesel fuel on the corn and hogs are the only thing that will eat it .

After letting that concoction sit in the sun for a month; do you need a HAZMAT suit to get the lid off? 🤣 :oops:🤣

You can sour it. But dear Lord don't get it on you or anything you care about. I'd also advise wearing eye and nose protection when you decide to open it.

If you have cattle they will still eat it. But deer will avoid. Small % of varmints will eat it but most will avoid leaving for them nasty hogs.

You're in GA and don't have a hog problem on your land but want one? Hope none of your neighbors are farmers.

When my neighbors have problems I typically use a post hole digger and make a 12-18" hole and fill it with corn. Kick some dirt on it if you don't want the other critters in it. Hogs will fight over or feed from that hole and generally slowly spread the corn to feed with pretty limited area of destruction.

Just out of curiosity, what county?

You're in GA and don't have a hog problem on your land but want one? Hope none of your neighbors are farmers.

When my neighbors have problems I typically use a post hole digger and make a 12-18" hole and fill it with corn. Kick some dirt on it if you don't want the other critters in it. Hogs will fight over or feed from that hole and generally slowly spread the corn to feed with pretty limited area of destruction.

Just out of curiosity, what county?
Actually where my FIL lives most neighbors are farmers (Worth county)... And have traps all over the place... Maybe we have more hogs than I think... Just not passing through my FILs place as often (small piece between much much larger tracts)... Prolly cus there's so many peanut fields around...lol... One 8,000 acre tract 10 miles away in northish worth averages 800 hogs taken each year... They've gone hog wild there... And... There are many many more coyote issues lately... Not to mention possum on the half shell.. holes everywhere...

4 bags of corn ✓
Yeast ✓
Cool aid ✓
Powdered milk ✓
Diesel ✓
Posthole diggers ✓
PVC pipe ✓
2 5 gallon buckets ✓

If it doesn't storm too bad tomorrow then I'll be digg'n and mix'n... All this info is great... Looking forward to trying these recommendations.

4 bags of corn ✓
Yeast ✓
Cool aid ✓
Powdered milk ✓
Diesel ✓
Posthole diggers ✓
PVC pipe ✓
2 5 gallon buckets ✓

If it doesn't storm too bad tomorrow then I'll be digg'n and mix'n... All this info is great... Looking forward to trying these recommendations.
If you want to make it easy, there's a product called beast feast that I've been very successful with on hogs in the past.
2FED32C6-16A5-4E0F-A16B-4AADF5900561.png

I've got plenty of corn... And squirrels... Lol... Tree rats consumed a lot of it this year... Cam shots show the culprits. They even chewed through the solar cell cables on multiple occasions. Of course they filled the stew pot on numerous occasions also. I wondered if there is a mix that they DON'T like and hogs do like... Lol.
Diesel and corn

I think people often confuse "attractant" with "something hogs will eat." Hogs will eat a lot of stuff (but not pumpkins in my experience), but that doesn't really make it and attractant per se. Just because it has a strong smell doesn't mean it will attract hogs even if they can smell it 5 miles away. They have a lot of resources along the way of those 5 miles, dangers, etc.

I have tried 20-30 miracle products and recipes for attracting hogs, mostly, but not always with sterile feeder testing. I have tried adding said miracle attractant to my feeder yard to see if I could make hogs appear that night when I hadn't been seeing hogs. Diesel corn, soured corn (of many varieties), and a couple commercial products all failed to give me a win if the hogs weren't already expected to show up (because they showed up regularly and so weren't expected to stop).

For more sterile testing, I will set up a feeding station away from where I hunt and see if said miracle product will "really bring them in" as people claim. Basically, hogs don't seem to find the stuff any faster than plain old corn. If the goal was to get raccoons, I would say that several products/recipes work great, but not hogs.

I remember watching Pigman on TV try some new hog attractant. The test was on his land and he spread the stuff out under a feeder that apparently had been in use at that location for quite a long time based on the wear and tear on the ground around it. He spread the stuff out and hunted the first night. Nada. The next morning, he gets a single little boar and then proclaims how the hog attractant brought in that boar, quick! Whether the boar came to the new attractant or to the feeder that has been running for years (and was currently running during the episode), it is hard to say.

I have tried one commercial product, no longer on the market, that was claimed to be a great hog attractant. It was pungent. It was anything but an attractant. In fact, it kept away deer, raccoons, and mice that I would always see come to the feeder and the hogs didn't show up either. Here I will segue into a related issue that hogs often will avoid areas known to them if something changes drastically, like all of a sudden there is a new and strong smell where they wasn't one previously. They will avoid it for a few days until it becomes the norm.

What about diesel? People report decent results from it, but I have never seen it work in sterile testing. I brought out some diesel soaked towels to see if the smell really attracts them or not. Hogs never came through the area to the diesel towels. I got more action out of a rabbit, raccoons, and deer coming over and smelling the towels, but not hogs.

I have seen deer and raccoons eat diesel corn. They will usually avoid it, but if they are hungry, they will eat it. Of course, diesel is poisonous. If you are a meat hunter, you may not want to consume hogs that are eating diesel corn, or the deer that sometimes feed on it as well. Based on the MSDS, I don't think I want to consume anything that may be eating diesel. https://www.globalp.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/SDS_Diesel_Fuel_Final.pdf

Don't let Mr green jeans find your mix of diesel and corn. Even though hogs are a destructive invasive species the law dogs ain't real keen on folks dumping petroleum products out on the ground. And they get real mad when its found in the stomach contents of wildlife. An old trapper west of Fort Worth got nailed by the EPA after his hogs were taken to a kill facility with a belly full of diesel and corn. They tried to nail the energy company that had the oil wells on that particular property thinking that they had a hole in a pipeline that hogs were getting into or something. The oil company did their own investigation and thats when it was discovered that the trapper was using diesel and corn as bait. He ended up doing some jail time over the ordeal.

Besides diesel is expensive and not something that I'd want to feed to something that I would potentially eat myself. Just my .02

I think people often confuse "attractant" with "something hogs will eat." Hogs will eat a lot of stuff (but not pumpkins in my experience), but that doesn't really make it and attractant per se. Just because it has a strong smell doesn't mean it will attract hogs even if they can smell it 5 miles away. They have a lot of resources along the way of those 5 miles, dangers, etc.

I have tried 20-30 miracle products and recipes for attracting hogs, mostly, but not always with sterile feeder testing. I have tried adding said miracle attractant to my feeder yard to see if I could make hogs appear that night when I hadn't been seeing hogs. Diesel corn, soured corn (of many varieties), and a couple commercial products all failed to give me a win if the hogs weren't already expected to show up (because they showed up regularly and so weren't expected to stop).

For more sterile testing, I will set up a feeding station away from where I hunt and see if said miracle product will "really bring them in" as people claim. Basically, hogs don't seem to find the stuff any faster than plain old corn. If the goal was to get raccoons, I would say that several products/recipes work great, but not hogs.

I remember watching Pigman on TV try some new hog attractant. The test was on his land and he spread the stuff out under a feeder that apparently had been in use at that location for quite a long time based on the wear and tear on the ground around it. He spread the stuff out and hunted the first night. Nada. The next morning, he gets a single little boar and then proclaims how the hog attractant brought in that boar, quick! Whether the boar came to the new attractant or to the feeder that has been running for years (and was currently running during the episode), it is hard to say.

I have tried one commercial product, no longer on the market, that was claimed to be a great hog attractant. It was pungent. It was anything but an attractant. In fact, it kept away deer, raccoons, and mice that I would always see come to the feeder and the hogs didn't show up either. Here I will segue into a related issue that hogs often will avoid areas known to them if something changes drastically, like all of a sudden there is a new and strong smell where they wasn't one previously. They will avoid it for a few days until it becomes the norm.

What about diesel? People report decent results from it, but I have never seen it work in sterile testing. I brought out some diesel soaked towels to see if the smell really attracts them or not. Hogs never came through the area to the diesel towels. I got more action out of a rabbit, raccoons, and deer coming over and smelling the towels, but not hogs.

I have seen deer and raccoons eat diesel corn. They will usually avoid it, but if they are hungry, they will eat it. Of course, diesel is poisonous. If you are a meat hunter, you may not want to consume hogs that are eating diesel corn, or the deer that sometimes feed on it as well. Based on the MSDS, I don't think I want to consume anything that may be eating diesel. https://www.globalp.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/SDS_Diesel_Fuel_Final.pdf
I have recommended what I have recommended through many years of results. I'm originally from Florida. I've killed more hogs than deer. everything I've said works with that being said Hogs will run a 4 to 5 mile circle most nights if they're undisturbed if you do not have feed they're on a regular basis they will quit coming to that place they must be fed on the same time for a while to be in the area consistently. And I said spray your corn pile with diesel, not soak the corn in diesel. It doesn't take all that much.