Hoffman mountain boots?

zr600

Anybody here have any experience with Hoffman mtn boots? I have a pair of the insulated version. I'm very disappointed I'm them, now they are comfortable to walk in and support good, kept my feet dry, but they aren't very warm. Opening day of deer season last Friday I was sitting for awhile about an hour and meet toes were getting cold. It was proably 40-50 degrees out. I have never had issues with my feet in them temperatures before. I was talking with another guy we hunt with out there and he had kenetreks 1000. His feet get cold easily too in these boots. His thoughts are the nylon plastic shank is getting cold and radiating the cold to our feet. Is this a very well possibility?

Ok well I'm not sure what to think. Today same kind of conditions I wore a different set of boots. They are composite toe work boots that are 600gram insulated same socks was wearing with Hoffman's, same conditions and feet stayed warm. Now feet paid for it comfort wise at end of day just can't beet the comfort of the Hoffman's. Any more ideas? Maybe boot is to small just a hair?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.