Hodgdon is getting on my last nerve

I just now was in a store here in town. A few here mentioned couldn't find Varget. They had 21 one pounders . I have a couple pounds at home but haven't used any in couple years. I recently bought a few pounds of Retumbo and. Few pounds of H-1000 at same place . Haven't seen any for a month. I have plenty of both. They had a couple 8 pds. for same price as 6 one pounders. Was a deal. Expensive here tho. Murdoch's in Powell is $10 cheaper a pound !!!

The management at Hodgdon, if competent, should be alarmed at the content of this thread. The US market is the largest market in the world for the products they produce. Just me, but I have no tolerance for the BS excuses. If they don't wake up, in the not too distant future, Hogdon, like so many other mismanaged companies, will go out of business. I like and use a lot of their products, but if I can't get it and find a viable replacement from another supplier, I will not go back unless they get their act together in the very near future.
May have to replace H4350 with RL16?

The management at Hodgdon, if competent, should be alarmed at the content of this thread. The US market is the largest market in the world for the products they produce. Just me, but I have no tolerance for the BS excuses. If they don't wake up, in the not too distant future, Hogdon, like so many other mismanaged companies, will go out of business. I like and use a lot of their products, but if I can't get it and find a viable replacement from another supplier, I will not go back unless they get their act together in the very near future.
I agree. I am started reloading about 10 years ago and part of the problem for a guy like me is, by the time I figure out what powder I want (h-1000 for 6.5 prc / 7saum) Its out of stock going on a year. couple that with the rest of the industry ( I like manners stocks but dang a year wait sometimes) and It gets hard to get a build off and running with component delays.

I'm going to vent. I'm probably gonna get kicked off the forum, but I think I'm speaking for most of us when I ask if the people running Hodgdon have their heads up their --- or something. Retumbo, H4350, H1000, Varget, are all STAPLES of the Hodgdon brand, and it's like trying to find pixie dust. Do they want to lose customers? Why is it that a company who makes gunpowder, and has been doing so forever, can't keep up with demand? Are they not investing enough of their profits into the company and their equipment? You would think that the demand for their products would be incentive for them to make more of it.
Am I missing something here? For all of the powder companies out there, now is a great time for them to get their engineers and marketing teams in order and produce powders that are temp stable with comparable burn rates. When I find something that will replace my Hodgdon powders, I'm jumping ship. Their management appears to be about as in touch with their customers as Remington's

In March of 2009 (two months after Obummer was inaugurated), I bought a used Walther PPK/S. It was three more months before I could find ammo or enough reloading components to shoot it. Brass was nowhere to be found.

Since then I have stocked up when opportunity permitted. As a result I have about 16,000 .22 rimfire cartridges (Short, Long Rifle and Win Mag), over 100 pounds of powder, around 25,000 primers of various sorts and several thousand component bullets on hand. Plus several thousand brass cases.

Personally, I have not found Hodgdon powders that hard to get, although my suppliers may be out of a particular type at any given time. I buy primarily at Cabelas, Sportsman's Warehouse and gunshows, have never had to resort to online powder purchases.

Interesting conversation. Hodgson powders are made in Australia by ADI and rebranded for the American market. Nice that we can get supplies in Australia. Winchester unfortunately has decided not to export powder to Australia and concentrate on the US market
Makes it hard for Aussie shooters who use their powders. So much for brand loyalty

I see on Alliant powders made in Switzerland and Sweden ..I still have some made in U.S. . Still have some Hodgdon in made in Shawnee Kansas.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.