Hodgdon is getting on my last nerve

I don't sweat what I cannot control, not worth a headache or heartache 😇 .... I have other more important things to worry about. The beauty of reloading is the challenge of coming up with the best load with components that is available.
I guess we are kinda lucky if this is what we have to worry and complain about could be a lot worse

No offense ment to the OP.

Whenever someone post something about XYZ powder; other people go out an buy huge quantities of said powder. Sort of a self fulling prophecy.

These powders are produced in Australia, considering the hundreds (or more) homes that were lost and tens of thousands of acres burned, the manufacturing staffing has had to be affected.

As stated above - try something else to hold you over.

Good Luck

Jerry

We don't have a problem finding Hodgedon powder where I live. I'm hoping we don't have any issues. The 3 shops I go to are stocked pretty good.
I do have a Hodgedon black powder facility very close to my house.

Just placed an order online...all the popular stuff is out of stock. I try to re-stock a year ahead of when I'll need it as even with rare stuff, if you look out, you can find it from time to time. As those work in so many rounds I maintain 3-4 of them in large quantities at any time.

Anything that will work well in a 6mm CM is unobtanium.

Just placed an order online...all the popular stuff is out of stock. I try to re-stock a year ahead of when I'll need it as even with rare stuff, if you look out, you can find it from time to time. As those work in so many rounds I maintain 3-4 of them in large quantities at any time.

Anything that will work well in a 6mm CM is unobtanium.
try staball 6.5 or hybrid 100v they were both in stock at powder valley a couple days ago when I ordered

No but if you have one close by they have had a lot in stock lately. I picked up 16 pounds of retumbo a month ago. They have had H1000 and 4350 every time I have been in there for the last 4 months. Even picked up a few 8# jugs of reloader 26 in December. If you call them they will hold it for a few days for you and they price match anyone's advertised price! The best part is my wife works 10 minutes from there.

Closest one to me is about 400 miles away, unfortunately. I'm in Central Kentucky. :confused:
7F4AB280-599B-4D12-9768-F6F4544DCB75.png

I'm going to vent. I'm probably gonna get kicked off the forum, but I think I'm speaking for most of us when I ask if the people running Hodgdon have their heads up their --- or something. Retumbo, H4350, H1000, Varget, are all STAPLES of the Hodgdon brand, and it's like trying to find pixie dust. Do they want to lose customers? Why is it that a company who makes gunpowder, and has been doing so forever, can't keep up with demand? Are they not investing enough of their profits into the company and their equipment? You would think that the demand for their products would be incentive for them to make more of it.
Am I missing something here? For all of the powder companies out there, now is a great time for them to get their engineers and marketing teams in order and produce powders that are temp stable with comparable burn rates. When I find something that will replace my Hodgdon powders, I'm jumping ship. Their management appears to be about as in touch with their customers as Remington's marketing.
When I see something I need, ill buy 8# keg at a time

Scheels is great. Probably the last great brick and mortar sporting goods store. Too bad many of us are 1000 miles from the closest one. I stop every time I drive by one on the way to a Western hunt.

I live on the periphery of a 1M+ metropolitan area in the Midwest, guns are no taboo here. There is not a single store worth driving 30 minutes to on the assumption they will have any powder in stock applicable to a certain application. It's more luck-of-the-draw based off a small and unpredictable inventory. We had a couple Ganders which were the best bet, but then they downscaled reloading and powders a couple years before being bought out altogether.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts