Hodgdon Hybrid 100V and the 6mm Creedmoor

You are not all that specific in what you want to know. I have had 2 friends use it with darn good success. 1st used it in a 6.5 creed, he had unreal velocities and extreme accuracy. I don't have the specifics, and am not going to ask. It was not the most temp stable, but I do not recall that being an issue.
The 2nd guy runs 100V in a 6 XC, your territory, he is not pushing it and it shoots a 110 Sierra lights out. No issues concerning temps either, but we are target shooters, not hunters, so for us, 1 shot at distance and adjustments are made. I am somewhat impressed at the longevity of his barrel life using this powder. Round count is high for a 6mm. I am not making any claims here, just observations.
I am firm believer if you pick any powder in a acceptable burn rate range, you can make it work. Of course, some powders remove a lot of variables just by using them. 100V may not be one of these, but if it was all I had, I would use it.

I use it in alot of my loads and if anything it is a very predictable powder no surprises or spikes.

Dean

Well I bought 2lbs ,because H4350 wasn't around ,wanted to preserve what little H4350 I have. Plan on load development pushing 112gr Barns Match burners in through my PRS rifle.

@ iron worker. This is my new 6mm CM for prs and hunting yotes once our government allows a caliber above 223. Delayed Thankx to COVID 19

Attachments

• 0C9310EA-AC78-499A-83E9-C742E210FD38.jpeg
    0C9310EA-AC78-499A-83E9-C742E210FD38.jpeg
    339.1 KB · Views: 142
Have used a lot of 100V in quite a few different cartridges. Great velocity, lower pressures and excellent accuracy. Have never had temp issues with it but all were hunting rifles so loads are developed in 60F and used down to -40F. Have not noticed any change in POI in that temp range.

Have used a lot of 100V in quite a few different cartridges. Great velocity, lower pressures and excellent accuracy. Have never had temp issues with it but all were hunting rifles so loads are developed in 60F and used down to -40F. Have not noticed any change in POI in that temp range.
Yeah this has been my experience too. I've only used in 6.5CM, 308WIN, 270WIN. Its in my top 5; H4350, Varget, StaBall 6.5, Hybrid V-100 and superformance.
Very nice ! What chassis ,action,scope and bbl ?
It's a Rem 700 PRC Enhanced in 6mm creedmoor With Triggertech Special trigger, insite arms "heathen" muzzle break, EGW recon M-LOC bipod and nikon black FX1000 4-16X50 scope. Likely putting my Sig Sauer Tango4 scope 6-24X50 on it for hunting though.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts