Hitting a softball at 1000 yds

25 WSM,You know how it goes in your game.Guy shoots a winning or record group...OFF score area:(

Yeah you can definitely win group with a zero score. And some guys are real good score shooters those are the guys keeping it in the middle. One guy I hang out with shoots small all the time but doesn't score well. At Williamsport the conditions are tough. If you have shot there you know what I'm talking about. And bench 1 to bench 15 couldn't be more different.
Shep

This is how close I've been to getting that 100. Dang the bad luck. Like . 020 and it would have been a 100.
Shep

Attachments

• 20200301_183050.jpg
    20200301_183050.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 110
Perhaps the words might be consistently at a 1000 yards...

If this is the case,,, how come very few shooter's with hunting rifles aren't competing in the world nationals Full bore or F class...

Last time I looked over the last 7 years there has never been a spot where a factory hunting rifle has placed in the top 10 little lone the 100's... Ha...

If your friends can """consecutively""" hit a soft ball at a 1000 yards day in and day out with their Hunting rifles,,, it would be awesome to have them take part in the 2 mile...

A 5" V ring at 900 meters with a 18 to 21 lb rifle is a work out,,, all 30 shots...

Not all,,, but some of the worlds best shooters have their work cut out for them staying in the 10" ring,,, try this in a 10 to 20 mpr interchanging cross wind situation...

Very challenging indeed...
wind is a whole other ballgame...changes down range,,,very difficult variable

I heard one guy in a gun shop claim that he sights all his rifles in at 1000yds and one president of a rifle manufacturing company claim his 18" 308 is easily a 100yd gun!

Most rifles need about 25 moa to hit 1000 yards. I wouldn't want to hunt with a rifle 25 inch's high at 100. But I don't see any reason an 18 inch 308 couldn't hit at 1000 yards. Not ideal but not impossible. Have you guys heard the story about the military snipers that showed up at Williamsport to show us how it was done?
Shep

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.