HITS AT ONE MILE

Centre Punch

At 1800 yds. and your published velocity your downrange fps will be approximately 1257 fps and wind drift will be somewhere around 175"! You should have enough velocity to remain stable with bullet flight but as you can see....your wind drift is going to give you "fits"! What you're also going to probably discover is that PRECESSION is going to have to be accounted for and at this range of 1800...I "ain't" fluent in enough math to figure that out without going to the books! From what I've been told and read about...you'd be much better equipped for the chore....shooting a 300 gr. Sierra HPMK going about 32-3300 fps!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YA!

should be no problem--as long as your scope has enough adjustment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif--probably need around 80MOA or so.

its pretty easy to get hits on a man sized gong as long as you can spot your shots and/or follow the vapor trail /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Also, the bulelt takes about 4 seconds to get there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks for that info guys,much appreciated and jb1000br, thanks for reminding me about scope adjustment i always forget.My set up is a Leupold 8.5-25x50 M1 LRT on a Dave Farrel 20moa base. The scope gives me 72moa adjustment in total, so might be able to do it with some holdover. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

You should be able to make the trip with your combo you may want more taper in your dry base or an adjustable base. I use a 80 MOA base for my 338 Nawakwa and also have an adjustable base that starts at 80 MOA and is adjustable to 125 MOA. When shooting for the first time look for a spot that is bare ground this will give you a better chance of seeing the hits so you can make the adjustments to your scope. You will want some good spotters when we shoot in 1 mile competitions in Ohio and Iowa we use more than 1 spotter. Ohio is more difficult to get on target because the targets are in a small dirt circle with hi grass all around in Iowa we shoot in a crop field that is 2000 yards long and 1000 yards wide very easy to see the hits. Good luck and keep us informed on how it comes out. Here is a link to an adjustable scope mount http://slrharbor.com/
Crow Mag

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.