Highest Kinetic Energy Rifle out of ALLEN PRECISION to date...

AWSOME pictures of your daughter! My 5 year old son walked past and did a double take. Followed by "I WANT ONE, I want one, I want one!" then added, "If that little girl can shoot it then I can shoot it!"

We were at the range last weekend and he had a blast shooting my 17hmr out to 200, his idea to go to 200. I was shooting my 243 a couple benches over and he indicated the noise/blast were bothering him. So, I packed it up and we kept at it with the rimfires for awhile.

That is one incredible piece of artillary you built there. It's probably worth every penny just for the grin you get when you touch it off!

Can't wait for the video!

Gene

Top Shot,

The scope and rings are one of my test rigs for testing customer rifles. I do this because its a proven scope. The ring placement is set so that it will work on a Rem 700 Short Action with pic rail base. It also works just fine on anything else with a true 1913 spec rail, bolts right on so I do not need to adjust the rings every time I mount the scope, just bolt on and test.

If I were mounting this scope specifically for this rifle, the rings would be spaced as far as possible apart and possibly there would be two sets of rings installed just for added support against the long term stress of these big guns.

Good eye, that is certainly not how I would mount a scope long term on one of these rifles but for a test scope set up, it works on all receiver lengths so its more for speed and convienence more then anything.

How much from a AR50 is usable in a project like this? Is the action the only thing usable? If this is a obvious and stupid question my apologies.

Kirby,
Roughly how much does it cost per shot to shoot this beast?If you add up the A max bullet,powder,primer and figure in case life.I know anyone that buy's a gun like this shouldn't worry about cost per shot,I am just asking for ****'s and giggles.

B23,

Everything can be used except the factory barrel if you want. In fact I am about to start my new personal 510 AM on the AR-50 platform. Will use everything including stock, receiver, trigger and muzzle brake.

KQguy,

Well, it can vary quite abit but here is a basic idea for my A-Max match load. All prices include latest shipping charge for componants. As far as case life, a 50BMG case will last pretty much forever at the pressures its designed to be fired at.

Initial loading will run:

750 gr A-Max..........................$2.40
New Win WCC 08 brass.........$2.05
235 gr. H-50 BMG...................$0.70
CCI-35 primer.........................$0.30

Total.......................................$5.45

Loadings there after will be....$3.40 each

That is for match grade ammo. For quality plinking ammo which will still hold around 1 moa at long range you would be looking at:

650 gr Win FMJ.......................$1.20
Pulled surplus brass...............$1.25
245 gr WC860........................$0.47
CCI-35 primer.........................$0.30

Total.......................................$3.22

Loading after first loading......$1.97

They are expensive to shoot but not dramatically different then anything in a Wby case in 30 cal or larger or in a Lapua case.

Thanks Kirby,pretty interesting stuff.I don't think load developement with a A max bullet would be a cheap task,but I'm sure it's worth it once it's done.

Kirby, them little people grow fast!!! You know what? she knows how to smile!
she must have learned it from mom... also, she is very pretty, "scratching my head", definitively after mom... Sorry friend! :) I'd keep a shotgun at the door and
wouldn't let no one in!!! :D

Not sure what happened to Canned Heats posts. Must have been more to the story that the moderators knew about.

Now I just look like I am having a discussion with my imaginary friend!!!! LOL

Probably not far from the truth!!! :D

No question.... Impressive gun none the less.

Not sure what happened to Canned Heats posts. Must have been more to the story that the moderators knew about.

Now I just look like I am having a discussion with my imaginary friend!!!! LOL

Probably not far from the truth!!! :D

Kirby,

Don't worry about it. I just looked it up on Wiki and it's OK to argue with yourself, as long as you don't lose the argument! :D:D

WikiAnswers - Is it normal to talk to yourself

AJ

I can't wait for an update on the muzzle velocity of a 750 gr. A-Max has out of that telephone pole that it will be traveling through!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.