High reward for wolves?

clemens

Ok is there any truth to some information that I keep hearing. Is there a high reward given out by Idaho state for wolves in the range of $2000? I cannot find anything anywhere that supports this claim. Only thing I can find is last years avg price for wolf fur was about $180, I dont think this price was for Idaho just a avg of few states. Anyone seen or heard this about 2k per wolf.

I haven't heard of it. I know a full body wolf mount can sell for 2500. But havent hesrd of anyone putting a bounty on them for that price. I'm in idaho as well.

Yeah my father in law keeps telling me this but I can't find anything anywhere about it. If it was true I think woods would be full of hunters. Be happy just to find info on where to take pelts or whole carcasses to sell.

Yeah my father in law keeps telling me this but I can't find anything anywhere about it. If it was true I think woods would be full of hunters. Be happy just to find info on where to take pelts or whole carcasses to sell.

Where you out of? I know the fish and game are stressing with the amount of wolves that thwre are now. By 2015 they wanted something like 175 packs but when they did the numbers, the amount of actual packs were somewhere in the 700s. Ridiculous. They spent a few years ago $400,000 on someone to come in with a helicopter and try and kill some. Ended up only getting 5 or something. My thought, put $1,000 bounty on each wolf. And if there's 400 killed, thata thw same amount they paid for the 5. Pup you take the money out for tags and licenses. They might even break even since not everyone will shoot one. I know some of the southern states do this with coyote and coydogs.

I'm sure PETA wont let them put any bounty up ..it would be tied up in court for years . We as hunters have to do our best to get our quota / limit on wolves . It would help for sure. We can get five tags here in Montana , I just talked to Fish & Game last week , we can get all five at once he told me nobody ever gets that many at once .

Indeed, this is a hot political issue. Up here in Canada, bounties do exist. Usually they are awarded at a County level. Regional management not only limits public attention, but offers better data as well. I know some people feel this is a sensitive subject for public forums.

Last time I checked the furbuyer in Moscow, ID, been a while, they were buying wolves for around $500. Bears about the same. They are also a licensed F&G check station as well. I forget there name though.

I stand corrected. You can get about $150.00 for hide, head and claws. Furbuyer.com.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts