high end rifle help please

Godfather

Hey guys. Most of my rifles are synthetic stocks and I have always wanted to buy or have built a rifle with a really really nice wood stock. I have seen a few pictures of cooper custom classic, Dakota 76 safari and classic deluxe, etc. They seem gorgeous. I was wondering if anyone could chime in on what they would recommend and pictures would be awesome because there is not much for good pics out there. I was also wondering if it would be better buying an action, barrel, and supplying the wood to a custom shop and having them build one?

Thank you very much.gun)

Have you ever looked and handled the ruger no. 1's? The falling block is gorgeous... I will eventually own one of these rifles.

I have looked into a ruger no 1. Great rifle for sure but im looking for a repeater. I will definitely give him a pm and will keep him in mind as one of my options. Thanks

i like the cooper mannlichers on gunbroker. the model 54 too. i do not have though

Hey guys. Most of my rifles are synthetic stocks and I have always wanted to buy or have built a rifle with a really really nice wood stock. I have seen a few pictures of cooper custom classic, Dakota 76 safari and classic deluxe, etc. They seem gorgeous. I was wondering if anyone could chime in on what they would recommend and pictures would be awesome because there is not much for good pics out there. I was also wondering if it would be better buying an action, barrel, and supplying the wood to a custom shop and having them build one?

Thank you very much.gun)

Check out Custom Hunting Rifles - Kilimanjaro Rifles - Custom Rifles

I guess I should have specified my budget. I was going to try to not spend over 3 grand on the rifle so I could get a nice scope for it.

I see a lot of nice coopers for sale in the mid 3's on gunsamerica. It seems like the coopers are the best prices for the quality you are getting.

Will be tough to get something with super nice wood AND a decent optic for 3k.

For my vote, I know you said you want a repeater, but how about a Luxus Arms of Ohio single shot. Have handled and shot one, great build quality, handling is very nice, 26" bbl gets you lots of useable cartridge, the action and particularly the STOCK WORK is simply AMAZING. They started out as a stock maker and now sell some extremely good looking rifles with nice wood, and you can get an extra Bbl from Euro Optic for under $600 for a truly unique switch barrel single shot.

It's just that at 3k including the cost of an optic you're starting to just say "Kimber Super America" or something rather mass produced---

Luxus Arms LLC

(P.S. NO interest or connection to company- just have handled and experienced a Luxus Model 11S and was highly impressed).

Im sorry that must have come across wrong. I meant 3 grand just the rifle alone. Not including the optic. I expect to spend 1000-1500 on the optic.

My wife picked the wood on the Dakota that she bought for me a few yrs ago. It is VERY nice. They have a bunch in stock so you can pick and choose. They would probably E-mail pics if you don't want to go to the factory. Bruce

I got my stock off of Richard's Microfit for my classic P-17 Enfield build. It it AAA grade American black walnut with Rosewood tip and cap. Very beautiful with lots of figure! I just had to finish inletting everything and prepping it for finish but was well worth the $325 I paid for it!

Thank you very much.gun)
Dakota hard to beat and you can search online until you find one of your liking. I have a a model 10 which is a single shot, gorgeous wood, very accurate light weight.