• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED High end binos

I would take that 1200 and buy a new pair of mavens. There demo deals are nice. I got a pair of 10x42 b1s for 750ish. They were like new.

Just my take
Anthony

With your budget - I am assuming that more than the actual power of the binos...you will be wanting the finest glass you can get.
Swaro has a fine reputation, but there are a number of "tests" or reviews on line that will also place KOWA, Leica, and several other brands right up there in a grouping so tight - that it truly becomes an issue of YOUR interpretation as to which one is "best".
I have several pair of bios and a variety of brands. The ones I most often default to are a pair of KOWA 8 x 56 power.
Gathering light is more about the size of objective lens ( in high quality glass..) and the larger it can be, the better at low light high quality glass will really give you the best opportunity at the lowest light.

I would take that 1200 and buy a new pair of mavens. There demo deals are nice. I got a pair of 10x42 b1s for 750ish. They were like new.

Just my take
Anthony

I've heard good things about Maven, but have never looked through a set.

With your budget - I am assuming that more than the actual power of the binos...you will be wanting the finest glass you can get.
Swaro has a fine reputation, but there are a number of "tests" or reviews on line that will also place KOWA, Leica, and several other brands right up there in a grouping so tight - that it truly becomes an issue of YOUR interpretation as to which one is "best".
I have several pair of bios and a variety of brands. The ones I most often default to are a pair of KOWA 8 x 56 power.
Gathering light is more about the size of objective lens ( in high quality glass..) and the larger it can be, the better at low light high quality glass will really give you the best opportunity at the lowest light.

Your correct about getting the finest glass possible, I just put the powers on there to weed out any other powers. I had an older set (14 y/o) Swarovski slc. Traded them for a spotter so now I'm in the need of some Binos.

I have a set of ELs with the doubler and hard case. I am thinking about buying a pair of EL range. Pm me if you are interested.

Recent Posts