High Country Shooters forum?

Derek M.

Last night while on MCR's website, he had a link to precisionlongrangehunter.com and I used to be a member of that forum and I recall Ric Horst was the owner/host. I hope I'm not out of line asking about this on LRH, but it defaulted to high country shooters.

The layout looked the same from what I remember. Is this Ric's site?

Interesting. I guess I live in the dark a bit. Are there other sites that are geared mainly about long range hunting or extreme long range?

Jeff gun)------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting. I guess I live in the dark a bit. Are there other sites that are geared mainly about long range hunting or extreme long range?

Jeff gun)------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, when I first learned of this site, it was within a year or so that I found another site and it was called something like PRECISIONLONGRANGEHUNTER.COM

To the best of my knowledge, there must have been something negative happen on this or another site between "Ric" and the other site owner so Ric started his own long range hunting forums. It seemed to get a slow start and like many of us, we stuck to the forums that got a lot of traffic to get questions answered, so I kept up with the other forums I frequented but still checked in with precisionlongrangehunter.com

After having a go at it for some time, I think Ric shut down his website for unknown reasons to me. My guess is that it was slow with traffic. I want to say I remember him coming back here but haven't seen any posts.

In fact, I have been away for long periods of time but I'm in the last year of 3 on a task I've been working on so during Christmas break I started up on the forums again and have yet to slip away but that is coming soon.

I tend to log in and read mostly but have been posting more lately.

Here's an article about Ric

7mm WSM -- High-Country Hunter

Curiously when you google Ric Horst you get this:

Ric Horst: Chris Matthews and I were invited to help out with a new hunting show on a cable network. We wanted to showcase a rifle that wasn't typical for the TV ...

I thought Ric was informative and I hoped his site gained members.

I checked out that site. looks small , but that is not all that bad if ya fit in. Would be nice to have a place to find some extended long range stuff.

Jeff

Not sure what you mean by "stuff."

Guys that are shooting past 1000 on a regular basis and looking to share tactics, and experiences with all involved. Both hunting and target. I have come to believe that there are definate differences between shooting to 800 and 1800 and there are things that dont work for both.

I do read some on the snipershide ELR forum. but looking for something different. I am mostly into long range hunting and also ELR to well past a mile. I have talked to the admin here about an ELR forum but it is still in the deciding stages.

Jeff

ELR = "extended long range?"

Are you talking so far away that you have to get the angled mounts on your rifle where the scope and muzzle literally look like their lines of site converge? I've seen those types of mounts.

ELR = "extended long range?"

Are you talking so far away that you have to get the angled mounts on your rifle where the scope and muzzle literally look like their lines of site converge? I've seen those types of mounts.

What I am shooting now only takes 60 to 80 moa of elevation. That is pretty easy to get with a 30 ~ 40 moa canted rail base and a good scope with 100 moa elevation. And you can still get a 100 yard zero.

Jeff

I sent an email to someone that would know if precisionlongrangehunter.com is shut down. If it is I'll let you know, and correct the link on Kevin's web site. I can tell you it certainly doesn't look the same.

I sent an email to someone that would know if precisionlongrangehunter.com is shut down. If it is I'll let you know, and correct the link on Kevin's web site. I can tell you it certainly doesn't look the same.

precisionlongrangehunter no longer exists it was taken over by "Ridge" it is now
Highcountryshooters.com

precisionlongrangehunter no longer exists it was taken over by "Ridge" it is now
Highcountryshooters.com

Well I knew precisionlongrangehunter no longer existed. That is why I asked if it is now highcountryshooters.

Makes sense because the link on Kevin's webpage still had the former listed as a "link" and when you click it you will get to highcountryshooters.

The layout looked familiar with many of the thread titles like "front portch" etc. But it's been a few years since the Precision site was up and running too.

I participated on the forum it when it was precision long range shooters, but when it changed to the different forum, it didn't seem to like my computer and I had continuing difficulties logging on. eventualy I stopped going back.

Jeffvn

i am also a member to this sight.
i log on and i can not go to the sub sights.it tells me to long on again.i am at a loss on how to get on the sight again.it is a circle i can not break.are any of you getting the same results.my calls to the compter people i baught from at hp tell me it is a sight problem.
gary b.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.