Hickory groundhog shoot april 6th

groundhogzapper

Bullseye is having it's annual gh shoot and egg shoot this weekend. It will be in Vale NC, $25 fee $2 per egg shoot. Stock class and Unlimited class.
1st pl $300 + prizes
2nd pl $150 + prizes
3rd pl $50 + prizes
Shehane is still the biggest sponsor, but NF scopes, Tracker stocks etc will be some of the prizes. Stock class, bipod or bag only, no single piece rests, just bipod/bag front/ bag monopod rear.

Yea, good turn out. Didn't stay until the end, I shot a perfect 30 @ 100 25@ 300 & my 500 was a nice 3" group between both bulls,lol. My gun has to be shootin faster than 2600 from a 20" tube w 45g varget. Was 2" high @ 500

The man beside me said 3 bulks was a 30 ?? I had to go alone and after about 2hrs of looking at other targets, i watched a few custom guns shoot and came back home. They will post results, I do know last yrs winner scored a 90. But I do think head shots are worth more.

The man beside me said 3 bulks was a 30 ?? I had to go alone and after about 2hrs of looking at other targets, i watched a few custom guns shoot and came back home. They will post results, I do know last yrs winner scored a 90. But I do think head shots are worth more.

Yes, bullet hole in solid white in the head is 15, cut the line it's 9 points. Belly (larger bullseye) is 10 pts in white, but a 7 if you cut the line. Most guys (at least the one's that win) shoot the head at 100 & belly at 300 & 500. IIRC there were only 2 perfect scores after 300 yard stage but bothe guys fell to like 8th & 10th (ask me how I know)...

i shoot in the shoot and came in 6th. Also busted the egg with 6mm dasher. Been to the shoot about 6 times this is the best i've ever done.

Congrats onm the egg & maybe I'm missing a name but I thought score were like this...

1-Ron P -91
2-???????? -90 (can't remeber his name but he was from Hawks Ridge & won shootoff 4 2nd)
3 -Jacob M -90
4-????????? -86 or 87
5-Chris B -85
5-Sam W -85
7-Blake M -84

Like I said I could have missed a name???? Do you remember what you shot? Hopefully they will post results soon. I know Chris & Sam tied for 5th with the 85 & Blake was 7th (or 6th score is the way Larry reports them). I might Have missed your name if you shot an 84 (don't remember someone tying him but could have, please feel free to fix it if I did). There was at least one 83 after the 84 too.

For those who have never been it's a really fun shoot & LOT harder than you might think. You can easily have the best rifle & not do well at all. With score only & no sighters, a few hundreths of an inch can be the diff between winning or loosing. Still it's a VERY well run shoot & a LOT of fun.

i shot a 84 and tied for 6th place with another guy. we both took prizes from the table. also got 15.00 for busting the egg.
name is gary

Good deal. The "guy" you tied was my 14yo son. THis was his 2nd time finshing in the top 10 at the Hickory GHS.

The results are on larry's web page now... (apoligies for missing your name Gary)
2013 GHS Results

Here is the "fixed" list I posted earlier:
1.Ron P -91
2.Junior F-90
3.Jacob M-90
4.Justin K -86
5.Chris B -85
5.Sam W -85
6.Blake M-84
6.Gary B-84

I believe there were 192 entries this year & ~ the top 20 (+top 3 factory shooters) all took home prizes. Top shooter carried home a NF NXS 8-32 as well as one lucky shooter (also a 8-32 NF) won in a random drawing.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.