hi lux scope

hammer111

Has anyone heard of them or have the Toby bridges scope.

I read a pretty good reviews on it, so I went ahead and got one. Very clear glass with ranges from 100 to 250 yards on it.

Plus it came with load data for different bullets and powders, and nice eye relief. They're not that expensive either.

The review said this scope has quality components you would find on high end scopes. And was better than some brand name scopes. Plus they seem to have good customer service.

I don't muzzle load hunt enough to justify a high dollar scope. So if it's a piece of junk I'm not out a whole bunch.

But I am curious to hear opinions from hunters that use it. Thanks.

Well I got as far as putting it on and bore sighting. I like the eye relief, that's a win . I encourage you to got to their website. They make some quality equipment.

The one scope they , that somehow has range finding capabilities bows my mind away.

Maybe when I get my long range rig together, I might put that on it.

Well I got as far as putting it on and bore sighting. I like the eye relief, that's a win . I encourage you to got to their website. They make some quality equipment.

The one scope they , that somehow has range finding capabilities bows my mind away.

Maybe when I get my long range rig together, I might put that on it.

:) I know of the scopes. I don't necessarily agree with Toby on everything.

I shoot Leupolds with the CDS turrets (dial and shoot). A range finder is a must.

Well hi-lux just uses toby to endorse the product. I don't know to what extent he's involved in manufacturing. I guess he tested it.

And I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, I'm confident that know that already.

As far as I can tell it looks like any other scope I have. The glass seems to be above average. My number one goal was eye relief. That couldn't get on other scopes I use.

It's been mentioned by my loving family members that it's not the scope as much as it's my eyes are getting bad.

Well I'd rather believe it's the scopes eye relief is all wrong, (read denial) :D. And ill stand by my theory until they close the lid on me.

Well hi-lux just uses toby to endorse the product. I don't know to what extent he's involved in manufacturing. I guess he tested it.

And I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, I'm confident that know that already.

As far as I can tell it looks like any other scope I have. The glass seems to be above average. My number one goal was eye relief. That couldn't get on other scopes I use.

It's been mentioned by my loving family members that it's not the scope as much as it's my eyes are getting bad.

Well I'd rather believe it's the scopes eye relief is all wrong, (read denial) :D. And ill stand by my theory until they close the lid on me.

Oh it is probably the eyes. I've learned they get old too. I had 6 eye surgeries and was blind in my shooting eye for 4 months from a "rapidly growing cataract", which formed after surgery for a torn and detached retina. I'm doing great now but open sight shooting is out of the question pretty much.
Get those eyes checked. :)

I have a Nikon 3-9 in realtree on my CVA, thats plenty for Michigan hunting. The magnification ring is a bit stiff but I usually just leave it on 3x anyway. Plenty of eye relief and it was inexpensive too.

I have old eyes (65+) too.

The scope was a great price 129.00. In the test I read it worked better than a high dollar scope that was on a test gun.

Some high big wig, took his high dollar scope off for this one.

Yeah I know getting my eyes looked at is important, ill do it. Dang it , hunting with glasses is gonna be hard.

I know ill lose em, break em or something. Ok I'm going to go pout in the corner now:rolleyes:.

The scope was a great price 129.00. In the test I read it worked better than a high dollar scope that was on a test gun.

Some high big wig, took his high dollar scope off for this one.

Yeah I know getting my eyes looked at is important, ill do it. Dang it , hunting with glasses is gonna be hard.

I know ill lose em, break em or something. Ok I'm going to go pout in the corner now:rolleyes:.

A little hard to believe though isn't it ?

It might, but i got good eye relief. That I couldn't on a high dollar scope. Im happy. You might not like it.

I posted my story about the scope incase someone is having a similar problem. I know no 2 people are the same and everyone has their favorites. I'm not naive in that respect.

Just a post to get feed back.

It might, but i got good eye relief. That I couldn't on a high dollar scope. Im happy. You might not like it.

I posted my story about the scope incase someone is having a similar problem. I know no 2 people are the same and everyone has their favorites. I'm not naive in that respect.

Just a post to get feed back.

Nor am I. I have one in my safe that was mounted on a CVA Optima Elite. It appeared to not do so well but I discovered the butt stock was a tad loose & that can make groups eratic for sure. I am going to try it on my Encore soon, I hope it does better than expected as I love the reticle . I am a little sceptical & look forward to your results and mine as well. Because of the price and some reviews (slanted perhaps) I had to give it a try.

I've been using Leatherwood/Hi-Lux glass for some years now (no muzzle loaders, only center fire). Nothing but very good luck with them, for the money they can't be beat! Clear glass, holds zero, repeatable. works for me.

I've been using Leatherwood/Hi-Lux glass for some years now (no muzzle loaders, only center fire). Nothing but very good luck with them, for the money they can't be beat! Clear glass, holds zero, repeatable. works for me.

Are you a roofer in real life? When I see your screen name I instantly get a mind picture of someone nailing shingles down with a nail gun....lol

Not tough enough to roof for a living. Few years back I spent two days with other guys re-roofing my house, complete tear off then shingle. Talk about sore ankles, back, ect...I am an industrial/commercial electrician for a day job then in the shop at night for gunsmithing.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.