Hi I'm Pat....

ptomoson

I'm 48 yrs old and from NW Iowa. Although I have hunted my entire life I am new to rifles and am not familiar with the terms used. I hope I don't ask stupid questions. I am the IT guy at a local school so I know how to research my own questions but I like to hear from actual people who have actual experience.

With that said I am glad to be here!

Likewise, we're pleased to see you here Pat.
Please keep in mind that in firearms, as in many other fields of endeavour, there are no stupid questions. Every one of us on this forum started at zero knowledge. Most of us, including your's truly, is still learning. In my case after over fifty years of firearms experience has taught me to ask questions; lots of questions -- and to be careful which of the answers I use for building my knowledge of the subject.
Your an IT guy. I do some work with web design and web site management. I also try my best to learn a little more about IT stuff every day. But I rely heavily on my grandson (a computer systems analyst) to get me through the rough spots.
Looking forward to your contributions to this forum.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.