Hi from the UK

Mr.Smith

Hello,

I have just joined the forum, I'm from Warwickshire in the UK

I currently shoot a .243AI, look forward to reading the threads.

Regards

Mr.Smith

Last edited:
Welcome, glad to have you here. Lots of good folks and lots of good info. Enjoy.

welcome on board !

you should try wms steel safari if you haven't already it's not that far from you and in my opinion it's one of the best facilitys available to us uk longrangers?

good luck and keep an eye on the wind............

tackb, just curious at Steel Safari Range what yards/meters are available to shoot?

I've personally taken my 300rum out to 1540 yds on a steel half figure 11 and when i go next time we should be able to get out to 1760 so i've shot the mile (fingers crossed)

he's got targets from 100 to 2000 yds and lots of angle shooting etc

Sounds like a heck of a range, what does it cost? Is it a private or public range? do you have to be a member?

google it, and contact andrew who runs it?

it's a private range so no nonsense with stupid competancy cards! or those ridiculous HME regulations !

if you get a few mates together it's not too expensive especially when you consider you will be shooting all day , you will need at least 100 rounds per rifle ! i take double that?

Russ

welcome on board !

you should try wms steel safari if you haven't already it's not that far from you and in my opinion it's one of the best facilitys available to us uk longrangers?

good luck and keep an eye on the wind............

Thanks, have you any more info regarding this?

Regards

Mr.Smith

tackb, thanks for responding. I live across the pond so getting a few together to go shoot not likely. I was just curious how things worked and cost over there.

sorry , my bad i thought you were in the uk!

it's roughly £100 for the day each for a group of 4-6

were very short of places to shoot steel here in the uk and recently the military who have to approve most ranges in this country have banned high muzzle energy rifles unless you shoot and prove your zero at 200m before you shoot , every time ! so to shoot on saturday and sunday you would have to do the HME test each morning ! they however don't have to and to top it off they have specifically banned the 338 lapua but still use it themselves on the ranges? rather ironic because it was the military use of one that caused all this nonsense in the first place would you believe!

Russ

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.