Hi From Belgium

eddy verhoeven

I have been lurking on this forum for quite a while and though I find many of the articles very interesting, I didn't take part in any yet. The reason for this is that I try not to spend too much time behind the keybord and more behind the guns I own. However I think it's about time that I made myself known.

As a competition shooter and hunter I take a keen interest in any info that can improve my shooting. I take great interest in well-fouded articles dealing with the technical aspects (reloading, ballistics...) of our passion.

Competitive wise I am restricted to prone shooting (300meters), due to an accident I suffered a couple of years ago.

As a hunter I hunt both small game an big game (as much as finances allow). I have quite some experience with hunting in Africa.

I visited the States several times allready as I am acquainted with a renown hunting agency & outfitter in Virginia and I intend to do so again in the future.

Further areas of interest are motorcycling, science, nature and the outdoors in general

greetings

Eddy

Hello Eddy. What setup do you primarily use in the 300m competition? Just curious...

Hi Britz

For shooting 300 meters prone I use a Smidts Free Rifle (ISSF). We have a very capable gunsmith here in Belgium (C. Smidts) who builds (and shoots) excellent competition rifles quality wise on a par with the best names in the industry (Tanner, Grünig & Elmiger etc...).

My rifle has a Border cut rifling match barrel in cal. 6BR. Honesty dictates to mention that my rifles' accuracy outperforms my shooting capabilities.

Greetz

Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.