Hi from AZ

zacii

Just wanted to say hi to everyone.

I've been lurking on this website for a while, so I joined up.

Lots of good info on hunting and shooting, two of my favorite subjects :).

Not much to say about myself. Blue collar guy who likes to shoot a bit and a wannabe hunter.

I've got a 700 SPS Tactical in .308 with a Weaver Grand Slam Mil-dot scope that I bought a few years ago to learn long range shooting. I've only got out to 400 yards so far. I've got to dust it off and get familiar out to 600 for an upcoming antelope hunt in UT this fall.

On a side note, I need you guys to talk me out of a .257 Weatherby for my antelope hunt. My SPS will really do the job, I don't need it. :rolleyes:

z, the .308 is more than enough for antelope. An antelope tag here in AZ is hard to come by. I have a .257 Wby which is my most accurate rifle, but they are pricey and the brass is also. Check out a 25-06 or 25-06AI as well as the .257 Wby. Good luck in Utah and welcome to the site.

z, the .308 is more than enough for antelope. An antelope tag here in AZ is hard to come by. I have a .257 Wby which is my most accurate rifle, but they are pricey and the brass is also. Check out a 25-06 or 25-06AI as well as the .257 Wby. Good luck in Utah and welcome to the site.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of rifle is your .257 Wby?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.