Hi all from Cauterucio Bullets

I'm a new forum member and look forward to exchanging shooting info with my fellow members and to share my 57 years of reloading, bullet making and shooting experiences. I'm not a hunter, but shot High Power Competition for 35 years and enjoyed every moment of it. Now I just make bullets and shoot for fun.

WHAT A WONDERFUL ACTIVITY......

Just call me Bob

Bob,

You are a very welcome addition to Len's living room!

The following is a subtle hint, yeah right!

Your bullets have a grand reputation. Many many shooters use them. However, I can never have the opportunity as I shoot a lowly, neglected and shunned 270 caliber. I'm emotionally distraught because of this very sad situation. So distraught that I've invested a bunch of time and dollars to come up with an innovation that may or may not pan out. (Note: I'm on my knees here. Begging if you will):D:D

My shrink says that the only solution to my emotional condition is a .7+ bc .277 missile that will hold up in an 8 twist 3 groove bore at 3400+ FPS.

Bob, I ought to apologize for that but I won't.:)

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to hearing what you have to say.

My shrink says that the only solution to my emotional condition is a .7+ bc .277 missile that will hold up in an 8 twist 3 groove bore at 3400+ FPS.

Jim Carmichael would be proud of you. For the 270.

Bob,

You are a very welcome addition to Len's living room!

The following is a subtle hint, yeah right!

Your bullets have a grand reputation. Many many shooters use them. However, I can never have the opportunity as I shoot a lowly, neglected and shunned 270 caliber. I'm emotionally distraught because of this very sad situation. So distraught that I've invested a bunch of time and dollars to come up with an innovation that may or may not pan out. (Note: I'm on my knees here. Begging if you will):D:D

Bob, I ought to apologize for that but I won't.:)

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to hearing what you have to say.

A 270 IN MY OPINION IS A GREAT CALIBER. AND YOUR RIGHT IT NEEDS A GOOD VLD BULLET TO MAKE IT EVEN BETTER. I HAVE BR QUALITY 7MM JACKETS THAT COULD BE SIZED DOWN TO WORK FOR A 270. BUT A BULLET MAKING PROJECT REQUIRES HIGH QUALITY AND COSTLY DIES ETC. IF I HAD 270 DIES ALONG WITH THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE EQUATION ( MONEY ), I COULD MAKE HANDMADE 270 VLD'S IN A HEARTBEAT. HECK, I HAVE OVER 50YRS OF BULLET MAKING EXPERIENCE. HOWEVER, IF I WERE EVER IN A POSITION TO MAKE 270'S YOU WOULD GET THE 1st LITTER OUT OF THE DIES. GOOD SHOOTING TO YOU.

SINCERELY,
BOB CAUTERUCIO

I thought it was Jack O'Conner... Hey, I'm proud of you Roy! For sticking with your pursuit of the ultimate .277 bullet. You are right it was Jack O'Conner getting senile in my old age.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.