HHA Optimizer Horizon Review

ADMIN

Administrator
For years HHA has offered adjustable sights for archers that allow for precise holds at extended yardages. The HHA Optimizer Horizon is their first product available for use with firearms. The Optimizer will work on almost any firearm with a picatinny or weaver style rail. It can be set up for slow short-range cartridges that require sight adjustments for optimum performance between 50 and 200 yards (rimfires, shotguns, muzzleloaders, etc.) or for more standard centerfire cartridges between 100 and 600 yards.
Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, HHA Optimizer Horizon Review, By Justin Hyer. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
This look interesting. Hopefully someone will make a more compact lighter weight version sometime. For some reason it intrigues me.

It really is a cool device and I enjoyed reviewing it. After having it mounted on the gun for awhile you kind of forget it's there but it does take some getting used to. I believe they will retail for around $200.

This is a thread for discussion of the article, HHA Optimizer Horizon Review, By Justin Hyer. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.
Hi , I just getting started in long range shooting with my 22 cal air rifle . I put the HHA on and I'm using the blank tape and making my own marks . My pellet ballistic program tell me my pellet will still be traveling 125 fps at 400 yards . My goal is to get a nice group at 400 yards with a spring powered air rifle . I'm at 100 yards now and working my way out . At 100 yards my scope turrets are centered and no need for tilt yet . My pellet is hitting where my cross hairs meet at 100 yards ,so I'm zeroed at 100 yards with only slight adjustment. I think its a great aid for air rifle shooters that want to see how far away they can hit something .

I used my regular HHA optimizer that I originally bought for my crossbow. I am left handed, but shoot a right handed rifle. I was able to clear the bolt on my Remington 700 since the bbarreld action is in a chassis. The nice thing i noticed was that the range needle IS viewable from from the shooting position. Seems to be perfect, actually. Im using the rifle for coyote/varmint hunting and am excited to try it out!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts