hey you NF junkies!

Caleb85

I have a bunch of parts for a 7mm mag build and want to put a NF on it but I don't know what reticle I want in it. It's just going to be for hunting and some fun steel shooting. What do you guys recommend?

MOAR. It has 1moa hashmarks on the vertical and horizontal crosshair. The recticle is a good thickness for hunting in low light and for shooting steel. I have owned NP-R1 and NP-R2 and much prefer the MOAR. Gary

MOAR or the thinner version the MOAR T. If you are looking at used older scopes the RP-R1 was my favorite before the MOAR and the T

Jeff

Another vote for the MOAR/MOAR T. I had the NPR-1 in a NXS that I sent off to get the MOAR put in it. I seen you mention you were looking for the 8-32. I think you'll be just as well served with a 5.5-22 or a 5-25 ATACR. I don't think you'll find that 32x useful a good majority of the time due to mirage. That 8x low end is also pretty hefty for hunting, especially in NW missouri:cool:. Just food for thought. I wouldn't pass up a good deal on the two I mentiond if you happened to come across one. Just my .02 though. Good luck!

I have FCR-1 on mine and it's very similar to the MOAR, so unless you're getting a Competition, I'd vote for the MOAR. I really like mine.

I like the MOAR for hunting and shooting at 1000 yards or less, MOART for ELR shooting. One of my scopes is the NF 5x22 G7. I also like this reticle. It's basically an MOAR/ 600 yard high velocity reticle. At full power it's MOA. At a specific power setting in the mid power range you can dial the power ring an accurate calibrated reticle for holds and windage corrections. Mine dials in at 10 power with my load Works great for fast work on coyotes at midrange.

MOAR/MOART are my favorite NF reticles. Have a few of them.

The NPR-1 & NPR-2 are also ok, but the newer MOAR really brought the NF game forward.

For me the largest hunting scopes I would use are the 3.5-15 or 5.5-22 power range. That being said, most of my hunting scopes are 2.5-10 or 3-12 and I've never had a problem with game shooting at the ranges I like to hunt.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.