Here's the spot I hunted from this year...

Boyd Heaton

Re: Here\'s the spot I hunted from this year...

Going out scouting this weekend.Will try to get a few pic's of the place's I'll be hunting this year

[ 11-11-2002: Message edited by: Boyd Heaton ]

Boyd Heaton

Here is some more of it......It's not old Wyo,but it's pretty good for around here

Boyd Heaton

Dan,and where would that be??????There is another spot that look's ALOT like this one.There is'nt a ungated road within a mile of this place.It's quite a walk,but that's what my STW is for...
.E-Mail me

[ 11-11-2002: Message edited by: Boyd Heaton ]

Darryl Cassel

Dan

Boyds spot does look like the spot you and I both are thinking of.

Later
DC

Roadrunner

Wyo, nice spot. What kinda ranges were you encountering? I looked at the pic of your rig. Nice rig. What's under the rear butt stock? What's your caliber? Elk I presume. Any luck?

W

*WyoWhisper*

That is a small sand bag for support should I need it it only weighs a cople of pounds but seems to be more steady than a sock...

The Caliber is .308 believe it or not. I use that for Hunting deer in Wyo. The ranges I can see in this spot are from 25 yards to about 2000 when I look ENE. I limit myself to 750 with the .308

No luck this year .. close though .. you can read it under my post on hunting stories...

PrimeTime

Hey Boyd, looks like you found a nice spot. The trouble with PA is that the woods are often too thick to shoot into. Those pics from out west sure look nice.
I've been doing quite a bit of spot scouting myself and found have found plenty of places offering long shots. The problem is seeing something through the thick trees and then sending a bullet through them. I sure wish we had more open woods like out west. I missed a turkey a few days ago at around 1,250 yards. They only gave me one shot so didn't have much of a chance. Good luck in deer season.

Boyd Heaton

Sam,those pic's were taken when we had that snow a few week's ago.....Leaves are still on...It open's up good when the leaves fall........

Trending threads