Here's the spot I hunted from this year...

Re: Here\'s the spot I hunted from this year...

Ric,cool pic's....Wish I was there
grin.gif

Going out scouting this weekend.Will try to get a few pic's of the place's I'll be hunting this year

[ 11-11-2002: Message edited by: Boyd Heaton ]

Dan,and where would that be??????There is another spot that look's ALOT like this one.There is'nt a ungated road within a mile of this place.It's quite a walk,but that's what my STW is for...
grin.gif
.E-Mail me

[ 11-11-2002: Message edited by: Boyd Heaton ]

Wyo, nice spot. What kinda ranges were you encountering? I looked at the pic of your rig. Nice rig. What's under the rear butt stock? What's your caliber? Elk I presume. Any luck?

That is a small sand bag for support should I need it it only weighs a cople of pounds but seems to be more steady than a sock...

The Caliber is .308 believe it or not. I use that for Hunting deer in Wyo. The ranges I can see in this spot are from 25 yards to about 2000 when I look ENE. I limit myself to 750 with the .308

No luck this year .. close though .. you can read it under my post on hunting stories...

Hey Boyd, looks like you found a nice spot. The trouble with PA is that the woods are often too thick to shoot into. Those pics from out west sure look nice.
I've been doing quite a bit of spot scouting myself and found have found plenty of places offering long shots. The problem is seeing something through the thick trees and then sending a bullet through them. I sure wish we had more open woods like out west. I missed a turkey a few days ago at around 1,250 yards. They only gave me one shot so didn't have much of a chance. Good luck in deer season.

Sam,those pic's were taken when we had that snow a few week's ago.....Leaves are still on...It open's up good when the leaves fall........

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts