Here We Go Again...

MtPockets

According to an article I read in the Billings Gazette, Montanas wildlife commission is considering lowering the quota on wolves near Yellowstone. I wasn't able to find the article online, but read it in one of those old fashioned paper copies.
If someone can find it, please post it so all can see.

I'll post a link when they start taking public comments on the proposal, but for now let's all just get out and enjoy what we can while we can!

Have a Merry Christmas All!

Ron

Here is a list of Commissioners and their contact info.

http://fwp.mt.gov/doingBusiness/insideFwp/commission/members.html

In my opinion, each and every elk hunter who hunts Montana needs to contact each of these Commissioners and let them know how we feel about wolves. That said, please be courteous and use facts to support your opinion. Talking points for or against wolves must be avoided.

In particular, address their current proposal to cut the quotas in 313 and 316.

Thanks for posting that, Muley.

Yes, I understand that they do. I can't say that I'm any different. I've always thought wolves were cool- they just need to be managed like anything else.

These days, I'd like to watch them through my scope...

I did find the Gazette article. It's on the front page of the Friday Local section. Still nothing on their website, which I find very strange.

It's on the home page of Mt FWP hunting. Here is the link, scroll down to item # 12. They want (are going ) to reduce the quotas in the 2 districts next to YNP from 2 to 1 in each.
http://fwp.mt.gov/hunting/publicComments/2019/biennialSeasonSetting.html

My guess is that is why the Gazette still doesn't have the article on their website. They probably would rather not publicize what the Fish and Game Commission is up to, so that all of the pro-wolf voices are heard over the hunters and ranchers.

The thing that baffles my mind is that wolf numbers are supposedly down in Jellystone, but it's from disease and infighting. That's what happens when the population of ANY animal gets out of control. So apparently the pro-wolf people want to bring more suffering to the wolf population just so they can sit in their car and WATCH them?

Sick puppies...

My guess is that is why the Gazette still doesn't have the article on their website. They probably would rather not publicize what the Fish and Game Commission is up to, so that all of the pro-wolf voices are heard over the hunters and ranchers.

The thing that baffles my mind is that wolf numbers are supposedly down in Jellystone, but it's from disease and infighting. That's what happens when the population of ANY animal gets out of control. So apparently the pro-wolf people want to bring more suffering to the wolf population just so they can sit in their car and WATCH them?

Sick puppies...
Agreed!

It's on the home page of Mt FWP hunting. Here is the link, scroll down to item # 12. They want (are going ) to reduce the quotas in the 2 districts next to YNP from 2 to 1 in each.
http://fwp.mt.gov/hunting/publicComments/2019/biennialSeasonSetting.html

Thanks for posting that!
We all need to go to that site and voice our opinions on their proposals. The media and even FWP seems to be keeping the proposal out of the spotlight, so we all need to use OUR resources to spread the word.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.