Henson Aluminum Tip 210 BC

300spanker

Over the last several years, i have become more and more interested in long-range hunting. I mostly hunt mule deer in utah, northern az, colorado and nevada with an occasional old mexico trip. In 2006 i had a custom 300 ultra made with a 1in9 twist in order to shoot heavy long bullets. This year my family shot 3 nice four point bucks at 450,723,and 795 using this gun. It is outfitted with a nightforce 5.5x22x56 and a 28 inch Shilen barrel. I use all the lastest software and kestrel equipmet. I have been shooting jlk's and sierra's over the past with great results. Recently, however, i started to here about the Henson Aluminum Tip Bullets with claims of high BC's. To make a long story short i purchased the .30 cal 210grn and was excited that my 1in9 spun the bullet. So yesterday i decided to put the bullet to the test for long range. i sighted in at 100 yards and set targets at 625 and 875. My elevation here where i shoot in Northern AZ is 5270. yesterday the temp was 50degrees, 90.5grains retumbo, 3100fps, no inclination, bore height 2.4. I put in to the software a BC of 1.00 and shot, calculation at 625 was 8.5 moa. from nightforce software. hits were 1.5 inches high to 2 inches, about a 3 inch group. Then shot 875 calculation of 14.0 moa hits were 1 inch low to 2 inches high about a 6 inch group had a little wind. As far as i see it the BC's are correct. All of this witnessed by a competitive shooter. I would recommend that if you have the correct twist, you better try this bullet, in either 30 cal. or 338 cal. My next test will be expansion on Javelina. I will post my results. I am no expert,but i will tell you that this bullet's BC was right on.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.