Henry Long Ranger at the range

I did a trigger job on my long ranger and it turned out well, about 3 1/4 lbs and smooth. So I'm sure a good smith can make those trigger s real nice. I'd like to see them make it in a 358 winchester.

I did a trigger job on my long ranger and it turned out well, about 3 1/4 lbs and smooth. So I'm sure a good smith can make those trigger s real nice. I'd like to see them make it in a 358 winchester.
I just bought a 308 long ranger and the trigger is mushy and heavy. Any tips on doing the trigger job? I'm more inclined to have a gunsmith do it.

I just bought a 308 long ranger and the trigger is mushy and heavy. Any tips on doing the trigger job? I'm more inclined to have a gunsmith do it.
Andrew, probably should take the henry to a smith .getting the gun apart isn't too hard but getting it back together with the timing of the gear drive is quite tricky.

Andrew, probably should take the henry to a smith .getting the gun apart isn't too hard but getting it back together with the timing of the gear drive is quite tricky.
Oh okay gotcha. Yeah I'm not up for that challenge. I wonder if it's worth contacting Henry to see what they say.

came to site to get info on trigger pull on new henry long ranger 6.5- the trigger pull is so heavy i cannot accurately zero. i'm not all over the target but groups are very poor. called henry, they said send it back but that they still would not reduce the trigger pull below factory specs... 5lbs. ridiculous. going to gunsmith tomorrow. wanted to take it on pig hunt in texas two weeks ago. took my blr .308 instead

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.