Henry Long Ranger 45 Raptor

375ultramag

So I've been contemplating a straight walled rifle but I don't want an AR, don't really want a bolt gun or a single shot.. So I was wondering if you could take Henry Long Ranger and rebarrel it to a 45 Raptor. The pressures of the Raptor are about equal to the 6.5 Creedmoor so the action shouldn't have a problem holding up to it. Let me know what you think.

I load for and shoot a 45 raptor. Might even be the first person in Michigan to kill a deer with the cartridge. Its an amazing round. There is very little difference in the 450bm vs the raptor when both are loaded to the same pressure.
The issue with a lever gun is the recoil could actually cause an unintentional detonation in the tube if certain bullets are used. So, that would limit your choice of bullets.
I run a bolt gun and a 20" barrel and wouldn't consider a lever gun.
In a lever, I'd look at a 445 supermag because they use hp bullets most often.
I don't know where you could find a 45 cal barrel for a lever gun.
IMO you'll be working very hard and spend lots of $$ to get sub optimal performance.
20200910_104512.jpg

The Henry Long Ranger is magazine fed. I've got OCD when it comes to cartridges. I would rather spend a little bit and have something most people don't.

Just get the 460 sw in a LA...same exact performance as the 45 raptor.
Should be an easy button, except for the wallet.

Definitely have thought about it. The only thing stopping me is the tube. I'd like to play with Parker and Fury bullets to see what I can do.

Played with most of the bullets for this cartridge. When you get ready to reload, hit me up. I can save you a ton of time and money. Good luck.