Help!

tjbill

Hey guys, I need a quick fix for my Kimber Montana (synthetic/stainless) in 300WSM. I had the stock shortened and a Limbsaver pad installed in Las Vegas before I moved back to Washington this summer. I was hunting elk in Idaho for the week and discovered the pad was loose. I am back to WA and getting ready to hunt blacktail and cannot have this rifle wrapped up with a smith. Can I remove the pad, apply some glue (which kind? Gorilla), and reinstall? I guess working out the bugs is all part of the fun, but I need to get this fixed ASAP. FYI I love the gun and will have it forever so it can be on there permanently.

if the screws ahve worked loose then you can just tighten them but if they won't use some good epoxy like Devcon , apply alot of epoxy in the stock then install the pad quickly , stand the gun up on itsw but so that the epoxy will creap down into the litle spaces around the pad and puddel their till dry , use a very slow setting type and make sure that you rough the surfaces that any epoxy will stick to up and degrease VERY well

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.