Help!

Looks like your die crushed your shoulder. If you have to save this brass you might can run it thru the sizer die and save it...maybe.
The cam over on your bullet seater part of the reload may have got ya. When you start the bullet seat process put a case in the shell holder , run the press arm to full extension including the cam over, hold it there and then screw in your die til it just touches the brass, maybe back off a little, with the bullet pusher backed way out. And that sleeve in the bullet pusher die should be loose.

Looks like your die crushed your shoulder. If you have to save this brass you might can run it thru the sizer die and save it...maybe.
The cam over on your bullet seater part of the reload may have got ya. When you start the bullet seat process put a case in the shell holder , run the press arm to full extension including the cam over, hold it there and then screw in your die til it just touches the brass, maybe back off a little, with the bullet pusher backed way out. And that sleeve in the bullet pusher die should be loose.

Those cases can't be saved. Been there, done that. Tried to FL size and they would not chamber in my rifle.

Unless he replies to the contrary, he's already said that he has successfully loaded/reloaded another brand of brass with his setup, so it leaves open the question of whether or not that lot of ADG brass was improperly annealed.

Does anyone know how soft brass is during the drawing process?

I had the same problem when trying to resize .270 and 30-06 cases down to 6.5-06 necks. I bought a Hornady resizing die just for the 6.5-06 it stopped the problem. You might contact Hornady and find out if they have a resizing die for your calaber.

Correct problem.mike your expander ballI go by book never trust anything to be o.k until you check it out yourself.looks like sizing die is set to far down run empty case up to full height screw sizing die down till it makes contact with case mouth back out 1/8 of a turn should
I am loading some ADG brass this weekend for my 300PRC and this happened. The load is 84.0 grain of N570 with a 245 grain Berger EOL and it is a compressed load. The load shows no signs of pressure on the case after firing and no heavy bolt lift. These are all brand new cases, first loading. any insight that you could give me would be greatly appreciated. I am using Hornady Custom Dies. COAL is 3.70View attachment 201005

Correct problem.mike your expander ballI go by book never trust anything to be o.k until you check it out yourself.looks like sizing die is set to far down run empty case up to full height screw sizing die down till it makes contact with case mouth back out 1/8 of a turn should

I don't think that he sized or expanded anything; just used the cases as he received them. Maybe the OP will come back and fill us in.

Gents,
I appreciate all of the info you have provided. I loaded some rounds last night after checking all of my setting on the die itself. I took the die apart to look for any damage or excess building up and found nothing. I did not have any new brass but resized some of the stuff I had previously shot and it loaded just fine. No issues. Loaded up twenty five rounds without a hitch.

Someone asked what Kind of brass I had loaded before with no issues and it was Hornady brass.

someone also stated something about different seating stems for the Berger Bullets. I have ordered the seating stems and will give them a try when they show up.

Thanks again and I will keep you all posted on what happens when I get the next new batch of ADG brass to load up. I don't think it was the brass, I am sure it was an error of some sort on my part but I have taken all I read here and will put it to good use.

Gents,
I appreciate all of the info you have provided. I loaded some rounds last night after checking all of my setting on the die itself. I took the die apart to look for any damage or excess building up and found nothing. I did not have any new brass but resized some of the stuff I had previously shot and it loaded just fine. No issues. Loaded up twenty five rounds without a hitch.

Someone asked what Kind of brass I had loaded before with no issues and it was Hornady brass.

someone also stated something about different seating stems for the Berger Bullets. I have ordered the seating stems and will give them a try when they show up.

Thanks again and I will keep you all posted on what happens when I get the next new batch of ADG brass to load up. I don't think it was the brass, I am sure it was an error of some sort on my part but I have taken all I read here and will put it to good use.

Did you contact ADG to ask if there were issues with that lot of brass? Hopefully you had a lot number.

Talking to hornady the Max grain of powder of H 1000 they wanted for a 180 grain bullet was 82 grains. You using 84 grains for a 245 grain bullet seems like a lot. I understand its different powder but it still seems like a lot for that weight of bullet
I talked to Berger to get the load data. They gave me 83.9 Grains of N570 as max , I worked up to that point in half grain increments with no signs of pressure so I went to 84 and they shot a couple of really nice groups at 100 yards so that is where I stayed. Still no signs of pressure so I am going to keep shooting it.

I talked to Berger to get the load data. They gave me 83.9 Grains of N570 as max , I worked up to that point in half grain increments with no signs of pressure so I went to 84 and they shot a couple of really nice groups at 100 yards so that is where I stayed. Still no signs of pressure so I am going to keep shooting it.
That's very cool. Good to know. Thank you ffg or sharing

In my case, I do believe it is the brass. I had previously checked the expander ball and it is the correct size but just to be sure I swapped it out from another 6.5 die set and the crushing continued. In total it has been about 10 ea out of 100. I also contiune to use this brass and everytime I resize it I continue to have 1 to 2 cases crush. I have received another 100 rounds of brass from ADG (I paid for them) this past week and have not had any issues with this happening again to date with this new brass.

Well, based on the information I got here I got some case lube and ran every case through the resizer die. No new mushrooms yet. Hopefully it was a bad batch of brass and the issue is over. I am out of bullets and awaiting my order to arrive. I also have 50 Brand New 6.5 PRC ADG cases sitting waiting for loading. Will keep my fingers crossed.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.