Help wtih .375 RUM hot loads please?

snake

Im fairly new reloading but wish to have a good starting point for my .375 RUM and heavier 350gr smk bullets.

does anyone have a good load that i could start with? I open to suggestions and have read Retumbo is one of the best for these larger magnums.

I have Retumbo,H4350 and H4831SC avalible to me.

Any help for overall cartridge length and power weight would be really helpful. Thanks!

I would like any loads with 300 and up gr. bullets referably. 355predators,355gs custom,350 barnes tsx,etc.
thanks

Last edited:
"...wish to have a good starting point for my .375 RUM and heavier 350gr smk bullets. does anyone have a good load that i could start with?"

Hot loads? Sorry my friend, you are on your own for that one. Get a loading manual, follow it's guide lines, they all have good loads you can start with.

Move slowly until you learn what you're doing and stay safe. IF you're a fast learner, in a few years you might be ready to start working toward HOT loads but most of us never do that. (I think it's something about intelligence and maturity.)

Each rifle is an individual and hot loading for each requires individual work up...by people who know what they are doing, not following some anonimus suggestion on a web site.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.