Help with value please Win custom shop STW

reloaderlen

I have a Winchester Model 70 Custom Super Grade 7mm S.T.W
24 '' barrel sightless ,Matte blue ,McMillan synthetic black fiberglass cheekpiece decelerator recoil pad,hand honed action,hand lapped barrel , engine turned bold and follower, controlled feed extraction and custom shop proof stamp
special ordered in 1994 I have all the paper work and box although box is a little faded and dusty. I bought this used but it was in new shape at the time not a scratch on it, I was told it had never been sighted in. Well it has been now I have shot 33 rounds through it . I think I have loaded and unloaded it more than it has been shot I'm positive of that . the bolt shows some wear and one small scratch on the stock
all bluing is there even on the end of the barrel. I was looking to build a custom rifle for my daughter and seeing how I have another Stw that was a gift from my wife i can't get rid of it, I took this to a local smith and he rated it at 99% and said i should be able to get original price for it (just a bit over $1800.00). just wondering what you Men thought? I can text Pics if anyone would like to see,Although I will probably never sale it ,I get sick thinking about it lol

The value of anything is what somebody is willing to pay. I had a GF that had art that she invested in and some of it looked like a chimp painted it but it was 1 of 24 done by a now dead guy and it was worth over $300,000. To me it was stupid.

I've seen Safari grade rifles selling for $60,000. But also to me a short barreled 7 STW is of no or little value. I also look at custom barrels and actions when the price gets up there. A true STW has a 28 inch barrel made by one of the winning target barrel manufacturers

Everybody has an opinion...... Right? :)

24" is about the minimum bbl. length I'd put on a 7stw.
I have a 24" on mine, my Pops has a 25" + brake, and my brother has a 26". You may loose a few fps versus a slightly longer barrel, but I wouldn't loose sleep over it. A prospective buyer may though, so that will likely cut its value a bit.
As said previously, it's all what someone is willing to put up $$ wise for it that counts. Put it up for what you think the value is and dutch auction it a bit until someone bites.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.