help with the parallax setting on my scope.

Agreed Wildrose.

I was once at a get together when a new shooter told me he had a new leupold scope. He said it had a built in range compensator. All he had to do was rotate the front objective lens adjustment and it would shoot dead on at the stated distance. Hoo boy. I explained the true use of the AO. He was disappointed......

I think we're pretty much all saying the same thing in different ways. If you work it back and forth until the image is as crisp as possible with that scope, you're not going to see movement of the crosshairs by moving your head because it is focused correctly.

That is unless something is very wrong with your scope or it's a cheap piece of junk not capable of proper parallax/focus adjustment.

Well...the Nightforce NSX 12-42 that I used on My 1000 yard LG to win the IBS 1K nats a couple years ago was not Paralex free when the image was best. I had to choose between the ULIMATE clairaty and ZERO paralex. Now, I am not saying tht it was way out of focus.....it is just that when I tweeked for ultimate clairity I got a bit of paralex. I could not have both.

That scope was sent to NF to be checked over...'"no problem found". And we all know that NF is not cheap junk. It proved to be a winner!!! :D

I would say that 95% plus scopes give you ultimate clairity with zero paralex, but not all, as I have seen a few that didn't.

Tod

Agreed Wildrose.

I was once at a get together when a new shooter told me he had a new leupold scope. He said it had a built in range compensator. All he had to do was rotate the front objective lens adjustment and it would shoot dead on at the stated distance. Hoo boy. I explained the true use of the AO. He was disappointed......

Another funny story....We have a local 'big game and shooting expert" that baught the new 30-378 Weatherby when it first came out twenty years ago. Among other stories he told me the one that I liked was his explaination to the dials on his new scope....1 is for 100 yards...2 is for 200 yards......6 is for 600 yards.....15 is for 1500 yards. It was a standard *** Tasco scope!!! Good stuff!!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.