• Impact 29

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Windplex

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Boone and crockett

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DXHI

Already picked out the glass and the power . Cant decide on the leupold reticle I want.
Trying to decide between the impact 29MOA
Or the windplex.
Going on my 6.5 lapua for coyote average range is 300...want to try and stretch to 5 at most.

I probably go for the Impact 29 as the Windplex has no markings for elevation. Having said that. I have shot many coyotes(and deer) years ago using the VX3 with Boone and Crockett reticle to 500 yards with my 270WSM. Easy to calibrate. A couple of shots in a big piece of paper at 500 yards. Use the powder ring to match your zero and the 500 yard line on the reticle. Fast and easy with 5/10 MPH wind holds. IMO.

I like my VX5HD w/ Impact 29-- I would be a little worried with how fine it is and no illumination if I were hunting early morning to twilight in wooded or shaded areas.

Might be tempted to try the B&C if it is more visible and just make sure you know your actual holds.

Ultimately decided on the impact 29.
I had similar thoughts about coyotes not being generous with time; and I like the elevation marks.

Now waiting on UPS to do their part

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts