Help with rangefinders

BT_1224

Howdy all
I'm in the market for a rangefinder. I would mostly be using it for long range target shooting but would occasionally take it hunting. I'm torn between 2 options: (1) Vortex Ranger 1800 and (2) Leupold RX-1600I TBR/W. These two are within my price range but I am open to other options. Any help would be very appreciated.

I switched over to a bino-rangefinder combo and will never go back. It's super nice not having to carry around both and also have to switch back and forth. I have a Leica. It's also nice having ballistics for your particular rifle that you can enter right into the bino.

Not sure about the 1800 but the 4000 works really good and matches up with Kestrel 5700. Furthest I've ranged without reflection was 2090 while looking for spots to shoot

Not sure about the 1800 but the 4000 works really good and matches up with Kestrel 5700. Furthest I've ranged without reflection was 2090 while looking for spots to shoot
How is the optic quality of the 4000? Does it give the reads quick or is it slow?

Really quick out to around 1000 without reflection, after that needs a somewhat steady rest and something pretty good to bounce off of. I've not owned anything else to compare to but been really happy with it. If I'm working targets out, I just put a 3' chunk of cardboard up at where I'm shooting from to range if I'm looking to set up an exact distance and I definitely have been out far enough I can't see it with my crappy eyesight without the range finder. I usually range a few times to get same # if I don't have a good reflection

Leupold RX-1600I TBR/W
I have this one it seems like at longer range the beam spreads out making ranging hard across flat open country. It has a last target mode that helps, but is not perfect. Sometimes that grabs stuff behind it. In normal mode, I range to 1000 yd steel targets pretty well.

My Leupold RX-1200i TBR/W crapped out (LED stopped working correctly). I contacted Leupold to see what could be done. They offered another unit at reduced cost, as my unit is discontinued, and out of warranty.

SO, I started looking to see what was out there, and what warranties offered. I found the Maven Co. https://mavenbuilt.com/collections/rangefinders, and bought their RF.1 7x25 unit. To date, it is the best rangefinder I have used/looked through. Image clarity is way above the price point of $400, it performs flawlessly, and has a lifetime replacement warranty.
Needless to say, I am a big fan. I also bought a pair of Binos, and am very happy with them as well (outstanding clarity).
FYI

Howdy all
I'm in the market for a rangefinder. I would mostly be using it for long range target shooting but would occasionally take it hunting. I'm torn between 2 options: (1) Vortex Ranger 1800 and (2) Leupold RX-1600I TBR/W. These two are within my price range but I am open to other options. Any help would be very appreciated.
I presently run vortex razor 4000. No issues and is compact and great warranty.

Keep an eye on Sig Sauer, who are introducing a new line of LRFs called the "KiloK series." Apparently they also call it the XR series. The first model (presumably the flagship) is a 7x monocular that ranges to 5000 yds; trees to 2500 yds and deer to 2000 yds. Less expensive models, suitable to your budget, are sure to follow.

I use a Sig Kilo2400ABS which works very well but is likely to be discontinued in favor of Sig's BDX technology. I've agonized over the alternative of RF binoculars, but if you're going to shoot at longer ranges, you need higher magnifications than most RF binos offer. A separate LRF allows me to carry binos that match whatever range I happen to be shooting.

Regarding the two LRFs that you ask about, I have no personal experience except to say that after looking through several brands over the last two years, I'd be inclined to favor the Leupold LRF. But that's just my opinion... Good luck.

Bought Sig kilo5k For $599 from Sportsman's Warehouse. It works perfectly. Fast and has picked up everything I've ranged instantly. Links to kestrel 5700 elite but does not tell the kestrel direction of fire. Or it has its own applied ballistics calculator. It will be for sale as soon as the Sig Kilo 8k comes out later this year. 8k will tell kestrel dof. I have owned Leica and Gunworks. Sig is far better.