Help with pack for moose Kifaru vs Eberlestock or Kuiu?

I used my Kifaru DT2 on my moose float and I would be scared to try anything else. We both tagged out and only had to carry one of the moose about 400 yards and it was still miserable.The other we just pulled the raft up to and loaded the meat. Definitely take trekking poles.

I leave in 3.5 weeks for Alaskan Moose. Kind of a last minute hunt invite.

It's a boat/river hunt with some friends. Outside King Salmon. I know almost nothing about the area. I'm so unprepared.

I hunt a lot, but, I don't do much backpack hunting. Most of my hunting is done outside the USA or with day packs and road access close enough that a good pack isn't as important. Aoudad, Mule Deer, Whitetail and Pronghorn all on private land. I don't do much on public land other than a couple Elk and drop camp Caribou.

I need a good pack mainly because my back isn't great, but I can manage. Looking at Kifaru or Eberlestock? Which one and why one over the other?

Does Kifaru put more weight on your hips rather than shoulders? Or are they about even?
I love my Kuiu pack!!!

I was going to let you borrow a setup if you can't come up with something. Opening weekend is 9-17 this year . Depending on what bag you would need that was my only concern.
Thank you. I appreciate the offer.

I'm sure I can get the Kuiu to work for me. If for some reason it just doesn't, I might hit you up.

Lol right now I'm hunting 3-4 times a week I have a group of people that come get them. I'm deportation hunting so they all die. I don't like to waste them though. Once there fat on almonds I do keep a few for myself they are good eating. I can be picky about what I keep.

King salmon... boots or hip waders will have a larger impact on your comfort and hunt experience than pack nuances. Moose are like whacking a yearling on stilts. Early September with the water we've been getting will be bogs everywhere on the flats. Just pick a pack your back likes, a Moose quarter is like dancing with a fuel drum... no fun way to do it.

Old native saying.... never shoot a big Moose if the beech isn't in the scopes fov.
Amen to that statement.

This guy knows what he's talking about. Kifaru is the best but you're ordering about 3 months to late. You won't get it in time. I'd check with stone glacier, exo or seek outside and see who has one in stock. I've ran a Kuiu for years because I got a deal on it. Great day pack but horrible when you load it down. I broke a Kuiu frame with half an elk on it finally bought a Kifaru. You could consider just a good pack frame also I have an old cabelas extreme Alaskan outfitter frame, not sure they even make it but it's super simple and I've packed countless whole mule deer or half an elk many times. Sometimes simple is best…
Thank you! As do you! I just reread my post and wow, I evidently did not know how to proofread what my autocorrect changed. Couldn't agree more, sometimes simple is better, especially if what you really want isn't available when you need it.

My advice put 200# in a bag and carry it around store for 20 min. Do 1 bag a day. it took me from 2pm to 4 am to get a moose 1.5 miles round trip through tussucks and swamp. I was solo hunting. It was only a 1100# animal. You could see upwards of 1600# in the area you are going. Good luck and remember your camera even if you don't shoot anything, the scenery is worth every penny of a quality camera.

It's a boat/river hunt with some friends. Outside King Salmon. I know almost nothing about the area. I'm so unprepared.

I hunt a lot, but, I don't do much backpack hunting. Most of my hunting is done outside the USA or with day packs and road access close enough that a good pack isn't as important. Aoudad, Mule Deer, Whitetail and Pronghorn all on private land. I don't do much on public land other than a couple Elk and drop camp Caribou.

I need a good pack mainly because my back isn't great, but I can manage. Looking at Kifaru or Eberlestock? Which one and why one over the other?

Does Kifaru put more weight on your hips rather than shoulders? Or are they about even?
If you are in a boat, shoot moose on the bank! Its what I have done, but if you do shoot one aways in, get a Kelty freighter frame designed to carry heavy loads. you cant bone out the meat, have to carry it out. Check regs This pack is about $150.

I've had all 3 and hauled meat on all 3. All good packs but I won't hit the mountains with anything but Kifaru anymore. For me, the comfort, weight distribution, quality/durability, and diversity/customizability of Kifaru is superior to anything else. IMO

I currently have an Eberlestock and like it. It does what I need. Could it pack a moose? Maybe in 50 trips. But I recently came across a new pack I'm very interested in and maybe it's something for you to look at. It's called AKEK Alpha 3200. Looks to be a pretty sweet setup

I have used eberlestock (never again not the most comfortable and **** poor customer service), Kuiu bothers my hips after about 65#, Stone glacier is quite good, but I prefer Initial Assent went they loads get heavy 100 # and up.