Help with pack for moose Kifaru vs Eberlestock or Kuiu?

Just got back from a hunt on North slope. My buddy had Exo pack. We used my pack frame for big meat loads. WAY better than Exo. I have Slumberjack and Rocman frames. I'm headed to south of King Salmon Thursday. Season opens Saturday

I have both the Eberlestock Dragonfly and the Kuiu 6000. The Dragonfly is a tank compared to anything else made. It will never fail you. Straps and buckle are the best I have ever used. But it weighs 5 lbs more than the Kuiu. That is a lot of gear that you can add to the Kuiu pack.
Kuiu pack is also very robust, material is lighter weight. Well thought out layout, can access all compartments easy. Lots of add on stuff can be bought. I added a phone holder to my hip strap, works great.

Late here but been using a kifaru duplex frame (tactical version) for many years. Has saved my back on countless hunts! The tactical frame has a thicker frame sheet, at least the earlier ones did.

Tactal frame is tough.
35475.jpeg

I have zero experience with Kifaru. Years of experience with EB's. Well built.....overly built! They are heavy. Good designs but could use a better waist belt cinch pattern. You have to pull back to tighten the waist belt. Your muscles are weaker when pulling back. I have a new Kuiu Pro 3600 back pack. Ran it a bunch this year and it's performace was spectacular. It's "pounds" lighter than an EB of equal volume. The waist belt tightens by pulling forward which is designed for the way your muscles want to push. Much easier and better. Packing out elk quarters was much easier than with any EB i've ever used and i've used 1/2 dozen different models. Well, thought out adjustments for the suspension system to fit. Kuiu's "kits" allow one to pick and choose different packs, suspension and frames.

I have zero experience with Kifaru. Years of experience with EB's. Well built.....overly built! They are heavy. Good designs but could use a better waist belt cinch pattern. You have to pull back to tighten the waist belt. Your muscles are weaker when pulling back. I have a new Kuiu Pro 3600 back pack. Ran it a bunch this year and it's performace was spectacular. It's "pounds" lighter than an EB of equal volume. The waist belt tightens by pulling forward which is designed for the way your muscles want to push. Much easier and better. Packing out elk quarters was much easier than with any EB i've ever used and i've used 1/2 dozen different models. Well, thought out adjustments for the suspension system to fit. Kuiu's "kits" allow one to pick and choose different packs, suspension and frames.
Can't you change that to pull forward with a different buckle?

Okay……I have killed ALOT of pigs and that is impressive. I eat and teach my kiddos to eat everything we kill……with one exception. To be honest the most I do is drag them off to a designated boneyard for the coyotes/vultures/hogs to eat! That thing is solid muscle and ridiculously heavy. You win the manly award in my book. Curious how many ticks you found after that haul.

For those late to this thread, like me, I'd take a close look at the packs from KUIU. They are relatively light (compared to an Eberlestock, for instance) but just as strong as other top quality hunting packs.