Help with NF NX8 4-32

startrek1761d

I just purchased a NF NX8 4x32. MOAR reticle FFP, the scope is a little brighter than my nxs 5.5x22. My question is what is the point of the ffp from 4 to 10 power? The reticle is so small it's not usable even with the illuminated reticle on. Am I missing something? I really like the scope just curious what the point is at low power.

I just purchased a NF NX8 4x32. MOAR reticle FFP, the scope is a little brighter than my nxs 5.5x22. My question is what is the point of the ffp from 4 to 10 power? The reticle is so small it's not usable even with the illuminated reticle on. Am I missing something? I really like the scope just curious what the point is at low power.
Everyone's eyes are different, but you are correct, It is very fine on 4x. I usually have mine on 6-10x while hunting depending on location. I haven't needed illumination on for mine while using it in the 6-10 range. I actually prefer the fine reticle.

FFPs really benefit from 5x or lower erectors to get the most usability out of the reticle at low magnification and even that is pushing it. This can be mitigated by specially designed reticles which give you more of an aiming point at low power but that is more in LVPOs. You can probably see now why SFP vs FFP remains a hotly debated topic for hunters.