Help with long range stock selection

The EH6A is the one with the adjustable cheek. I actually prefer the more open grip over the EH1 for hunting as I'm rarely prone or benched. I have 2 EH6A's and love them....

IMG_0115_zpsxuhm7pwl.jpg

IMG_6064.JPG

IMG_0423%202_zps2h80nncg.jpg
I do really like the looks of that stock. That is a durn pretty buck too, congratulations!

View attachment 228637
I recently used this McMillian Artemis is a great stock for LR shooting. It's a Barbour Creek Proprietary pattern. They sell it in standard and Edge. I bought mine directly from Barbour Creek after checking it out at a trade show.
Yea i saw the segment about that on mcwhorters precision hunting show, mcwhorter also has their apex hunter stock that mcmillan makes for them but i didnt know if just anybody could get one since mcmillan doesnt have it advertised on their website

Yea i saw the segment about that on mcwhorters precision hunting show, mcwhorter also has their apex hunter stock that mcmillan makes for them but i didnt know if just anybody could get one since mcmillan doesnt have it advertised on their website
You have to order directly from Barbour Creek or Mcwhorter.

mcwhorters version is very similar and called the Pinnacle. These stocks track really well and you are able to see you bullet trace and call your hits beyond 400 yards

You have to order directly from Barbour Creek or Mcwhorter.

mcwhorters version is very similar and called the Pinnacle. These stocks track really well and you are able to see you bullet trace and call your hits beyond 400 yards
Do you hunt with that or is is strictly for shooting from a bench?

I have not hunted with it yet, but it will better than a Mcmillan game warden, or game hunter.

I have a question about negative comb. Some custom LR stocks advertise needing a negative comb to prevent the stock from smacking your cheek. However, I was reading about McMillan's BR stocks that have a very small drop at the heel to allow the comb to drop away from the face, even with a flat comb. It makes sense to me. If the heel was flat, I see the negative comb being advantageous.
I have a monte carlo and a McMillan A3 which has a flat comb and I don't get cheek slapped be either, even in larger cartridges. My shotgun is a different story.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.