Help with info on a Tasco tr6x24x40

Tamarackcove

I have a Japanese Tasco TR6x24x40AO scope. It has all 7 lettered turret dials, with different yard increments printed on them. If any one out there has printed instructions for this scope, I would pay for a copy of how to use this scope, and what the different dials are used for. I'm assuming that they are for different calibers/fps catagories, but what caliber goes with Turret A, B, C, etc?

I am 72 years young, and PLEASE don't tell me to to put this scope in a bag, with a rock, and throw it in the river. I've asked this question on some other sites, and I get "smart talk", from the "experts". This glass was on a used gun I purchased, and has clear glass, and the AO works as far as I can see across our lake. If I don't have my coffee in the morning, I'm real good out to the full 24 power, with a Harris on the gun.

I have over 18 center fires, from early Sakos to Pre-64 Winchesters, wearing all different scopes, from Burris to Weaver, most with very early vintage scopes.

Some of my favorite are a Kollmorgan, Stith mounted on my .270 Pre-War 70. I picked up a used Shepard, that was on a early Sako .222 Mag. That scope took my learning curve way up, to learn how to use. I've got another scope with animal/bird name printed on the turret. Coyote, Deer, Crow, etc, that I will need info on, but this Tasco tr 6x24 scope is a real nice outfit, and I would like to learn to use it correctly.

This is my first post, and just discovered this site. Lots of super info. I taught school for 44 years, and I've always told my students, "It's always school". I'm learning new stuff every day.

Please, if anyone has info on this scope, I will gladly pay for a copy of the instructions, or will buy the original instructions from you.

BIG THANKS!

Tamarackcove

Tamarackcove,

The one I had didn't come on a rifle I purchased. I bought it on purpose and it worked. My first elk was killed after I ranged it with the scope. It is as repeatable as anything I have. The way I ranged the elk was to bracket it in the lines and read the number in a little window. It read 400. I didn't believe it so set the range for 350 and aimed at the middle. I guess it was closer to 400 because the bullet took off the top of the heart. I gave it to a guy who stuck it on a Savage when I wanted something lighter. He is delighted with its repeatability for such an inexpensive optic.

You will notice some of the rings have numbers close together and some not so close. The flatter the trajectory cartridge the closer the numbers need to be.

Wildcater,

Do you have the instruction sheet that came with the scope. I will buy, or pay for a copy. I know about bracketing the animal, but I need to know what the different lettered turrets go with what cartridge. I believe this must be linked to a cartridge and based on trajectory, but I could be mistaken..... Just ask my wife!

Wildcater,

Do you have the instruction sheet that came with the scope. I will buy, or pay for a copy. I know about bracketing the animal, but I need to know what the different lettered turrets go with what cartridge. I believe this must be linked to a cartridge and based on trajectory, but I could be mistaken..... Just ask my wife!

I found it. It only took four tries to get it copied. PM on the way.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts