• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Help with Gun Value

jharris308

Hello All,
I need a hand with valuing a gun that I have built/had built. Its my first long range piece, and I know what I have in it, but I am interested in knowing what its worth on the market. I've had a couple of guys interested in it. Not necessarily looking to sell it, but I like to be informed. Here's the specs:

Rem 700 ADL SA, blueprinted and trued by Hart Rifle Barrels
.308 caliber, .342 neck, 26" Max Heavy Varmint Hart barrel, Spiral Fluted, installed by Hart
Action, Bolt and barrel teflon coated black
Vais muzzle brake installed by Hart
Jewell HVR Trigger
PSS (David Tubb) Fluted Bolt Assembly
HS Precision PSV004 green with black web stock
Karsten adjustable cheekpiece
Badger Ordance 20MOA picatinny base
Badger Ordance MH 30mm Rings
Harris 6-9" SL bipod with lock

I think that is it. The round count is 0. That's right, haven't even shot it yet. Been trying to get the scratch up for a scope and I didn't want to put a Swift (no offense) on it just to get by. Pretty well determined to get a Nightforce. I've considered pully one of my Leupys off one of my other rifles, but I am just stubborn about getting it all perfect before taking off with it.

Anyways, thanks in advance for the help. Hopefully one of you can give me a good idea of a market value for the gun.

You know what you have in it. Just in my head $2200. +-.
If you find the right person it should bring $1700.--$2000.
Hard to price something you haven't seen, or put on paper.

Re: Help with Gun Value-Pics Added

Here are some pics of the gun if it helps...

Attachments

• IMG_2655.jpg
    IMG_2655.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2656.jpg
    IMG_2656.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2662.jpg
    IMG_2662.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2665.jpg
    IMG_2665.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2667.jpg
    IMG_2667.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 10
agree on the $1700-2000 figure and I would be more towards the lower end.

Too many similar guns out there and no custom action so all the work in the 700 action still only makes it marketable at around $450 or so if you sold it.

BH

"custom" guns are like "custom' cars, you can NEVER get what you have in 'em !

I just had a gun built. Starting to work up load. Has potental to be one holer,but a way to go.
As far as custon actions,I started to use a Lawton action and talked it over with my smith. He told me that he would work a 700 action to shoot better than I could hold it. And to save the money. This is the second rifle he has built for me and so far I am happy with his work. If I was a br playerI would go custom, but have no intrust in br.
Now that I think about it I may put a 260 on my list of things to do. Ha Ha....